ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

55 Clio 1.6 Wipers not working - Please help

182 Trophy
Hi Guys

Front windscreen wipers have stopped working on a 55 1.6 Clio ... Rear wiper still works fine. Checked both fuses and cannot find an issue so do you think the motor has gone and if so is it an easy job to change ?

Many Thanks

Sam

182 Trophy
Hi

Im going to check the relays before i replace the motor

Going to have a look at her car later this evening and ive just been out to have a look at mine. I belive my relays are in the fuse box in the engine bay (to the right) but mine is a 2.0 so it may be diffrent ?

I also cannot see how i can tell which relay does what as there not named or numbered in a way i can tell. Ive had a look through my manual and allthough it does explain how to change a fuse it says nothing about fuses and infact nothing about the fuse box under the bonnet

Cheers

Sam

Mk5 golf gti
someone correct me if im wrong but i think the wiper relay is under the glove box inside the car?

182 Trophy
Dunn i agree with you, ive had a look in my 182 .. i think the relays under the bonnet are for the air con etc

How do i find out which relay does what under the glovebox ?

Pull them out and see what stops working lol

One does the taillights and all the dash lights I know that much.

Mk5 golf gti
phew i thought so lol
yea take them out maybe give them a clean or swap them round and see if it works

182 Trophy
Sorted

Took off the top shroud on the steering column and one of the connectors had come lose. It recently had a new part behind the steering wheel as it had burnt out (for the horn)

Nice easy fix :)

Last edited:
  182 Trophy
Another issue -

Since i was playing around with the relays the auto headlights have stopped working ? I may have swapped the relays around so they may not be in this original positions ... Do you think this would be causing the issue ? Is there anyway i may have disabled the auto lights and if so how do i re-enable

Many Thanks

Sam