ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

57 i My car sounds like an imprezza

clio sport mk1 golf

please help

i have a 57i induction kit on my little clio.

thing is it seem to make the car sound like a subaru with the exhaust blowing. I appreciate that having this kit will dramatically increase the noise levels that im used to. would fitting a different exhaust system make any difference??? or perhaps make it sound a little better? i dont wanr a clio that sounds like a rs turbo!! ur dirty word sorry

i used to have an imprezza, which sounded the dogz, but my little clio just doesnt seem right,

any help appreciated

nosh clio

ps Imprezzas are brilliant but remember this simple eqaution

IMPREZZA+LOCAL CONSTBULARY= HARRASMENT and being segregated just becasue they think we all drive our subarus fast, well thats a load of boLL"£

more like that you are jealous mr police officer, coz my car has 230bhp at the wheels and there crappy little focus has only about 60!!!

PICK ON THE REAL VILLAINS NOT PEOPLE WHO HAVE FAST CARS!!

I have a K & N induction kit and a Magnex back box. It does sound mean. (best in 2nd gear at 3000-3500rpm) Could deafen the your next door neighbours.

a Performance zorst will improve the sound no end.

Paul

Imprezas have Boxer engines - very distinctive sound - cant imagine a valver sounded anything like a scooby - noisy yes, but totally different sound - maybe its a scooby 57i kit - lol

Williams 2, STi N12

Its just the pulsing from the exhaust that makes it sound similar, just dont give it full throttle at low revs. Or put on your OE airbox and just get a replacement filter.

clio 20v

yeh it does actually sound like an imprezza with just an induction kit on

fitting a zorst will lose the imprezza sound but ull still get the whistling noise on part throttle which is nice

adi