ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

616bhp Nova...

D

dick

youda thout theyd put a bumper on it? if theyve spent all that much money.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The intercooler is f*cking insane. My mate has a red GSi turbo and its pushing out 323bhp and 350lb/ft torque. It has LSD too, so he can actually get the power down. Looking at that, it doesnt appear to have anything like that. Ridiculous amount of power.

M

mini-valver

616bhp frpm a c20LET is very impressive. chav agon? Are you mad? 10 years ago maybe, nowadays a clean Nova gets more respect than a lot of cars on the road...

616bhp frpm a c20LET is very impressive. chav agon? Are you mad? 10 years ago maybe, nowadays a clean Nova gets more respect than a lot of cars on the road...

Well said! 616bhp is a mega amount of power in anyones books, let alone in a small hatchback. cracking bit of engineering enterprise.

why does everyone always say 'its still a vauxhall'

granted if this were a Porsche owners club we could afford to be snooty but Vauxhall dealers are like for like better than Renaults imo.

MCS R56

Well said! 616bhp is a mega amount of power in anyones books, let alone in a small hatchback. cracking bit of engineering enterprise.

That's all very well but the actual model of car is gash. You might see a nice, well looked after Nova once a year but they are terrible cars and in this case it looks like pi$$. They look like $hit and the effort, time and money (it may be impressive to get the power from the engine) is not worth it. I just don't see the point.

RenaultSport 197
The only reason people rip them apart verbally in the first place is because they get a bad name from the people that drive them.

You occasionally see chav's drive them like d*cks around town with thier loud exhausts giving it all that' or they have been radically modified to look like a tractor, hence why people slash them.

If however they were driven with respect and a more older scene of drivers, like 205 GTI's or something im sure they would get a much better name. After all, the Nova does go back along time to be fair, so it's bound to show its age a bit ragged around and treated like crap.

It's not a car for everyone, but it's always fun just to see and experiment with these things regardless of make and model.

M

mini-valver

LOL, Novas are one of the best handling hatchbacks out there! Driven ne with decent suspension and engine? Thought not....

Mine out handles my Clio al day, 130bhp 1600 8v, 40's and Avo coilovers. Tis a beast, in bits but, tis a beast ;)

M

mini-valver

^Exactly, hate all these Renault bumers with there one track minds!

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Hmmm, 1.8 bar boost. i have a plan lol

P.S. It's still a nova lol (runs and hides)

M

mini-valver

Finds Paul in the corner and pokes him in the eye.... ;)
Good cars, whatever anyone says, lol

Dave...................................

You'd better bring your nova over so i can check for myself.

M

mini-valver

I'd be happy to matey, in bits at the minute though! Keep changing my mind on things, and theres still lots of stuff to finish since i stripped it again....

ant

yep.
You occasionally see chav's drive them like d*cks around town with thier loud exhausts giving it all that' or they have been radically modified to look like a tractor, hence why people slash them.

same applies to clios. just as much a chav wagon as your novas, saxos, puntos etc.