ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"79 Mk1 Scirocco".. 1272cc Carburetor Turbo Project

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Re: My 79 Mk1 Scirocco.... Got low

How the hell did you manage to get a 31 year old car looking that good?!

Dread to think of the £££ spent. Great effort! :)

D.

The car as it is in the pics stands me at well under £3k.. my efforts are yet to come into play, much of the mintness is due to the past owners.. Only credit i can take is the shiney wheels lol

Im fitting a Mk1 Golf Driver 1300cc engine with a weber carb for the time being just so i can drive it that low.. but I would really like to turbo that engine using a carb like a 5 Turbo in the future.. but one step at a time eh

Cheers once again folks

I thought i best remove the old engine ready for the new one coming... That way i can sell all the 8V goodies off to more than fund the small block conversion.. maybe even enough to turbo it :approve:

IMG_0630.jpg

As it sits with no engine and its winter slippers (still can't get the jack under it lol)

IMG_0627.jpg

New enigne should turn up mid this week :)

What make/flavour are the polished rims that the Rocco will wear ?

At RWS on Saturday i spyed a set very simillar, attached to a Renault Single seater on one of the displays.

Disastra Coupe

That looks really nice actually. I clicked on this topic thinking i wouldn't be that impressed, but it does look pretty smart :)

Vw caddy tdi

Did detail the interior carpet and seats recently few pics... actually has only 12k on the clock!!

P1030640.jpg

roccoglsintdetail.jpg

P1030643.jpg

Friend only sent these few taken when I had just finished (interior still wet). Hes keeping the car secret untill it makes the shows it will be for sale.

Last edited:

That interior is extremely mint for 30+ year old interior.. 12k shows!!!.. look forward to seeing it at some shows next year

Updates you say dave?

I was planning on fitting this 1300cc Driver engine on a weber carb. Ive spent abit of time cleaning it up and painting it ready to go in

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

But that might not be going in.....

n/a

fml i havent seen one of these around since early 90's hats off to you sir for owning that 100% beut!

how much did you pick that up for if you dont mind me asking

how much did you pick that up for if you dont mind me asking

I bought it for £2200 with no tax or MOT... It came with lots of extra goodies and parts I didn't need which ive sold to keep the costs down so it stands me at more like £1500.... It had an MOT and had very few issues to sort out

Cheers for the comments folks :approve:

PS... I pick up my new engine at weekend

n/a

I bought it for £2200 with no tax or MOT... It came with lots of extra goodies and parts I didn't need which ive sold to keep the costs down so it stands me at more like £1500.... It had an MOT and had very few issues to sort out

Cheers for the comments folks :approve:

PS... I pick up my new engine at weekend

not bad at all for a classic im jelous tbh, whats the plans? what engine you going for?

Clio 172 PH1, Mini

Mate that looks sweet! Nice and low just how it should be!

Cheers Folks

My plans are to getting it running on the new engine, knotch the chassis and take it to a few shows this year... then next year strip it down to give the body and engine bay some TLC and get it up to full show standard

Teaser pic

165555_489848964109_759124109_5716235_8093094_n.jpg

1.2 Dynamique 16v

That looks awesome. The interior looks so clean.

Well done mate.

They came with the engine but nothing to do with this engine as it runs an inline MAF sensor on a G40... Random!!!

Yes Marco.... 1.3 Turbo

Picked it up yesterday :approve:

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

Petrol Blue 182.

f**k me looks like that engines seen better days winston! sounds like its gna be an awsome car, will you finish this one tho mate? ;)

He has to have rust somewhere on it... I see hes chosen the rocker cover this time ;)

I knew I would get pulled up on it looking scruffy for putting that camcover on lol... Its going in looking like that for now.. so I can get it running etc

As for finishing projects.... WTF is wrong with me lol.. I read through my old build threads and think why did i never finish that project :S.. I will see how I get with this one eh?.... ;)

Last edited:
  Petrol Blue 182.

lol, coming from a money point of view, surely the amount of money u put into these cars and then never finish?? how much must that amount to bud! pmsl!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

If you get fed up of this project, I will buy it.