ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"79 Mk1 Scirocco".. 1272cc Carburetor Turbo Project

The welder (my mates dad glynn) came up a few weeks ago and spotted me playing with the ktec sidey working out how I could make it into an exhaust. In short he told me sell it on and just buy mild steel pipe work and he would knock me one up. With this in mind it would be rude not to knotch it up to 3", so I bought a selection of 3" pipe work, silencers and bends from merlin motorsport.

We made a start on it today. He thinks im mental but he puts my ideas into metal and we have a good laugh at the results. Im over the moon with this evil monster dowpipe he has created. We are left with the back box or should that be front box haha and tailpipe left to do. Im still not sure if I have the balls to cut a hole in the bottom of my wing and have it fully poking out?

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

You have to love space saver stance

IMG_1916.jpg

just came across this thread lovely looking car my brother has got one and i want it even though he keeps smacking the sump on the drive. will be looking at the progress on this thread nice to see it all finished

heres a few pics of my brothers you might know him he is at most of the vw shows if you go? either in this or his camper

SN851730.jpg

SN851729.jpg

SN851731.jpg

I go to quite a few shows but im not sure ive seen your brothers rocco before are the wheels a new edition?. It takes balls to run a rocco on 13's even more so with a big block. I look forward to seeing at some shows later in the year. I really can't wait to get mine on the road and start draging it along the floor haha

Cheers guys :cool:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
What are you doing about your wishbone mounts? I'm worried about mine just.... tearing off.

There is not alot I can do about them.. I can't raise the wishbone mounts because I can't raise my turrets to match.. Without the turrets raised it would give me even less suspension travel.. You could get them plated up and seam weld all the bottom half of the car when you put a new engine in if your worried?

Mines only got to make it to a few shows and then its coming to bits again for paint then I will be doing the above..... I have got an engine mount from Phataz on the way tho, So only the wishbone mounts to worry about really. :approve:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeah as far as I can see they are only attached to the chassis at the back? The front of them just seems to be suspended.

I go to quite a few shows but im not sure ive seen your brothers rocco before are the wheels a new edition?. It takes balls to run a rocco on 13's even more so with a big block. I look forward to seeing at some shows later in the year. I really can't wait to get mine on the road and start draging it along the floor haha

Cheers guys :cool:

my brother and his mate normaly have trade stands at the shows "bromsgrove autotrimmers". keep an eye out

They are part of the chassis at the front its all thick steel but theres no harm in making it thicker ;)

I will keep my eyes peeled Rocker.

Thats the main reason for doing it neil the epic girth and flames are just a bonus haha.

Cheers ma dears :approve:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I really do like the zorst placement, I'm just going to get a long thin pipe to the back. Straight through. With a few bends and s**t in the bay for popz n bangz!

Im pretty set on cutting the wing now Darren. Its just a shame they are over £200 and a rare part to find. I have to be sure haha

I would keep a rear silencer or it will sound toilet dude. It doesn't look that scarred in your pics?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It's the fact its held together with hangers that I keep catching, and the weird illuminous gun gum thats helping to hold it together keeps cracking off.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
please dont cut the wing :(

cant you feet it so it just comes out behind the front wheel or something in like a side exit type thingy

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Im pretty set on cutting the wing now Darren. Its just a shame they are over £200 and a rare part to find. I have to be sure haha

I would keep a rear silencer or it will sound toilet dude. It doesn't look that scarred in your pics?

Nice one. But if the wings are pretty rare to replace, I think I'd have second thoughts myself. That said, once used and dirty, I think it would look great having a blackened lip around the hole from the fumes. :)

D.

Its only a little trim off the bottom of the wing, not a full on hole. I will keep the piece I cut out and it could be welded back in if need be :rasp:

Sadly if I route it anywhere else it will hinder the ground clearance. I could have a TDi turn down style tip but Im thinking that might melt my tyre. haha

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The idea of cutting the wing pains me. A side exit out of the wing just wont suit it. A R5 yes, this no.

Id say make it as discreet visually as you can.

I hear you Tom, looking at the pictures on the first page, stealth is the best option :approve:

Ive been plodding on with little bits and bats and its mainly the oil line and wiring left to do.

Ive also found a picture of the interior before I stored it away as I have not posted any in the thread yet.

IMG_0599.jpg

And this picture helps keep me motivated

IMG_0569.jpg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I like the cover for the dash. OMFG moist. So much VeeDub pimp in this thread.

I got a few bits done this weekend and ordered plenty of niggles from ebay.

My hose solutions oil feed (take two) turned up on friday. This time it fitted perfectly :approve:

IMG_2001.jpg

I revised the Intercooler piping. Im waiting on hose clamps coming in the post. I did want to use s**tty old looking ones but they just destroyed them selfs when I was cranking them up. lol

IMG_2005.jpg

Ive spent most of the weekend working on something to get me more lows but I should really focus on getting it on the road tbh haha.

Well the engine bay is pretty much done (bar the wiring that will be taped up and hidden once I know it all works) I had a crack at doing the wiring my self and should be doing the big start up some time this week all being well, I just need to get some engine oil. :D

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

I have also sprayed my downpipe/exhaust with clear VHT paint.. it was worth a go. I just hope it doesn't all burn off to soon as I think it looks awesome <3

IMG_2039.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Spot on Winston, loving the er "industrial" look to the welding ;) If it works then who givesafuck! You gonna video the first start up? Got a vid somewhere of Daves autos first one after doing the belt etc. Still amazed it started ;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Winston, can you speak to you make about that engine mount for me?

epic project.. making me want to work on mine lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Whens she going to be up and running?

Im thinking of getting rid of the Bora to go back to the old skool. A 20v MK2 to be procise.