ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"79 Mk1 Scirocco".. 1272cc Carburetor Turbo Project

It's MOT'd but im going to A-frame it down.. The unit rent is due so I have no spare monies to insure it. :(

I got it beached in the Unit car park last night <3.. I will post the video later.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
hahaha awesome!! going to try n make it down next weekend but might also use to to finish her off

Monaco
That's bloody cool, sounds awesome.

On another note, shooting a video in portrait is a heap of fail...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL at how northern you sound. "ere as tha seen ma Scirrococooco?"

That's the sound I live with on a daily basis as the wishbone mounts hit the floor. Love it, makes my penis invert though.

The bonnet doesn't make a sound. thats the under side of the car clanging / draging :approve:

Northern FTW!!!

Its off to its first show this afternoon.. Im almost nervous haha

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Aye ive been at tatton today.. I will upload a few pics later tonight.

I was rather shocked by the amount of attention it got :eek:

I didn't go in the end due to lack of funding, got my mate to try and find your car though to get some pics but he couldn't find you.

he was in this

285168_10150330215673278_778903277_9471362_1488790_n.jpg

a thirsty one
Spotted you mate in the middle of a few vw on Saturday tea time near your house, behind a vw van with another low vw behind. Looked good.

330ci sport
Saw the car at VWNW but didn't make the connection between this thread until now. The wife took the snap below...

Looked great!! The Matt black Jetta parked up next to it was impressive as well.

vw scir.jpg

I didn't go in the end due to lack of funding, got my mate to try and find your car though to get some pics but he couldn't find you.

It was rather stashed in the trade stands but it was a great spot for camping the night before.

Spotted you mate in the middle of a few vw on Saturday tea time near your house, behind a vw van with another low vw behind. Looked good.

You spotted it in A-frame spec and super high:eek: cheers john.

Saw the car at VWNW but didn't make the connection between this thread until now. The wife took the snap below...

Looked great!! The Matt black Jetta parked up next to it was impressive as well.

Cheers kendz and thank your wife for the picture. The jetta was my mates and he has sprayed and built that in just over a month both cars still need a little finishing before edition38.

Cheers Tom.. Do you approve of the tailpipe?, that took alot of head scratching and cutting on friday night to get it to look right. TBH you stopped me from cutting a massive hole with your comments about it not suiting the car.:approve:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Tailpipe looks perfecto mate! So glad you didnt do that. Its very discrete now but when you notice it, you know its purposeful! ;)

Is the jetta a mate of yours? I would love a 3 door mk1. p**n to my eyes.

So excited for ED38 now..

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Rokko Looks great and the exhaust is very tidy and discreet!

Not feeling the paint on the Jetta, but for a 1 month turn around it is very impressive.

The jetta was imported from germany by another mate but he wasn't happy with the condition once it arrived in the uk. He then swapped it with my mate nick for his mint Mk1 shell thats never been welded as nick wasn't happy with the respray it had (It used to be my Mk1 back in the day that I swapped for the caddy lol)

He had all the parts whored away ready to build them onto the mint shell but he still worked any spare minute to get it all put together for VWNW. so hats off to him!! :)

July 4th

IMG_2023.jpg

August 7th

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

PS.. Glad you guys like the exhaust.. I was rather worried it was going to end in fail on friday night lol :approve:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thats some turn around! Mind you it needs proper paint.

And that my friend is what you call G60 p**n!

It was sprayed in a booth etc but it was just a quickie.. He blames being too anal makes him never finish a project, so corners have to be cut so he actually finally gets a project finished haha

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
both truly awesome cars.... jealous,
i am wondering about edition now.... am i too late?

winston are those rubber VW mats? need anymore, sure i have a stash

Cheers Mr Bone :eek:

Wondering what about edition? Its the first weekend in sept.

More rubber mats would be very helpful. I need to get myself some pimp ass red ones haha.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Mr Bone :eek:
Wondering what about edition? Its the first weekend in sept.
More rubber mats would be very helpful. I need to get myself some pimp ass red ones haha.

I will have a look for the mats, i have a fair old collection,
Wondering whether to go to edition or if any of my local mates will go.

Edition is a must Mr Bone.. And mats would be greatly welcomed <3

Im from Salford and the roccos not really been on the road yet only to its MOT in radcliffe and Tatton park

I would love that muggles, it is a Steeeeeal at that price but bad timing for me money wise :(

^It needs a VR turbo in the boot haha^

I have bought these top mounts second hand from the US. They are very early Mk1 rebuildable top mounts but they have had spherical bearings welded in the top making them Soild top mounts. This gives me just over an inch extra travel in my shocks and is the final low mod for this years show season.

Before

IMG_1847.jpg

After

IMG_2305.jpg

I have also picked up some daily/fun wheels, not pretty but very functional

IMG_2320.jpg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
awesome mods again.... loving the low commitment.
tried getting you on fb earlier,

checked the garage and i have a whole set (front and rear) or VW rubber mats, hit me up on pm of faceache and we'll sort it

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That Jetta transformation is unreal!

Looking good too mate. Pity that you can't make it to the Manchester meeting on the 3rd.

1953 Beetle
I liked it left original!
Here are pictures of when I purchased the car back in January 2004 from the original (old dear) owners son. It had been on ebay two or three times without much interest.
Originally it was a 1.6 auto with 60K on the clock. <
jgc2.jpg

scirocco2.jpg

jgc3.jpg

jgc9.jpg

jgc6.jpg

Enjoying watching the rebuild!
Ben