ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

80's meets 00's

tiTTy & SV650
Little n large, David n Goliath, old v new whatever, R27 meets 1.9 GTI:

Attachments

• DSC01224 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01224 (Medium).JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC01225 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01225 (Medium).JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC01226 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01226 (Medium).JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 81
  106 GTi
205 used to look small next to a 206, saw one next to a 207 and it looks tiny against that, same with the Clio.

Shows that small hatches are to big and lardy these days perfectly.

2-5.jpg

Bring an end to large fat bloaty small hatches please !!!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
agreed Mr T, 197 etc are mahoosive, if i wasnt scared of dying young i would buy a 205 now

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
its all down to all the s**t safety gear thats in modern cars :<

And designing cars for a range of people mainly designing for the old that results in such large cars. :<

Cars are getting bigger, parking spaces are getting smaller and at the same time dent doctors are getting richer...

MCS R56
Anyone reckon the World's obesity levels have driven car makers to make massive, safer cars? The 205 next to the 207 is just comical!

This average 80's 25 year old is probably about 2 stone lighter than today's version. Maybe our cars are just following suit.

205 used to look small next to a 206, saw one next to a 207 and it looks tiny against that, same with the Clio.

2-5.jpg

that's a really surprising piccie - never have thought the 207 was that much bigger!

106 GTi

2-5.jpg

that's a really surprising piccie - never have thought the 207 was that much bigger!

Nor did I till I saw the fat fucker roll of the truck.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Little and large?

[IMGo]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/MarkyDotCom/cs/Photo-0391.jpg[/IMGo]

E90
Because modern hatchbacks look like MPVs and the v6 is still in that sports car era.

In the words of martin luther :" I have a dream"

Keep dreaming sweetheart, it looks like an over turned skip, driven through a glue factory, before being ram raided into a halfords superstore ;)

Because modern hatchbacks look like MPVs and the v6 is still in that sports car era.

In the words of martin luther :" I have a dream"

Keep dreaming sweetheart, it looks like an over turned skip, driven through a glue factory, before being ram raided into a halfords superstore ;)

I love Weemans's comments :) I have to agree with James though, the 197 looks like a mini mpv parked next to my body kitted clio ;)

have u sold ur v6 plate?
They're pre v6 plate pics mate.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

2-5.jpg

Thats just stupid, but agree with Scotland, the 207 gti looks OK imo Never seen one in the flesh yet.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
they ar enot nice inthe flesh sam withthe new corsa, there is too much going on withthem, the clios design looks quite dubdued by comparison. i dont like modern dersigns. i think some of the nicest cars ar bout3-5 years old, the new ones all sorta look the same due to euro safety non sence, like they have to be all soft and curvy on the outside to stop pedestrians from being injured, i say make it more likely they will be killed then the less likely they are to runn accross the road.

i always thought the clio was small and most people thing they are too but, its only about 4-6 inches shorter than the pug 307, my bros mk2 clio is parked next to my neighburghs 5 door rover 200 ,cars i thoguht were miles different in you know class size etc, and the clios bigger!