ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

9 hours and its finally finished look at those curves!

Monblue bombay badboy!
Took me nine hours to transform this plenum to a smooth and shiney thing of beauty that it is now hard work but well worth it cant wait to fit. More polished custom mods to follow watch this space!

Last edited:
  audi a6 3.0tdi
how the hell did you do that? i'll spend 9 hours doing it if i can get mine looking like that

audi a6 3.0tdi
i'll get some wet and dry etc off my mate and i'll give it ago. it'll definately make the engine bay look a lot better. i'll post pics if i ever get time to do it. :)

182 Cup
Im gonna order some drill bits tomorrow that I can buff and polish with, could well save some time?
How do you remove that beast anyway?

Monblue bombay badboy!
Im gonna order some drill bits tomorrow that I can buff and polish with, could well save some time?
dont know mate picked this one up from a breakers for £40 im a welder/fabricator i leave the mechanics to the people who know what they are doing, plus my mate works for renault

Monblue bombay badboy!
:cool:
go careful not to get to carried away mate and make sure it is really smooth before polishing otherwise all makes will show:cool:

Monblue bombay badboy!
:)
Took me nine hours to transform this plenum to a smooth and shiney thing of beauty that it is now hard work but well worth it cant wait to fit. More polished custom mods to follow watch this space!
i will be doing another one soon and i will be putting it up for offers so watch out for it:)

I have other things I'd rather spend 9hrs polishing.
?
policemans-helmet-$10250$180.jpg

Chocolate Bar™
looks good. just wondering what bits you used to polish inbetween the letters. using a dremel myself and its painstaking to say the least lol

Monblue bombay badboy!
looks good. just wondering what bits you used to polish inbetween the letters. using a dremel myself and its painstaking to say the least lol
use a wire brush attachment but make sure its stainless and be careful not tobe to rough cus you might wear to much of the letters away

182 Cup
I would really love to do this but I seriously doubt i'd have the patience to finish it so alas mine can stay how it is, i'll pick up an engine cover instead!

Better than yours. C*nt.
I have to say as nice as it looks I'd want it better than that because I'm a perfectionist - there's still the dimples between the letters etc and that's what puts me off doing it.

Bloody shiny though, can tell you haven't got a Mrs with polishing action like that!

1.8 Civic EX
£50? good job by the way looks mint! you putting an engine cover over it? what colour if you are?
50 quid for what? for 9 hrs work id get more at tesco buddy! got monaco blue engine cover to go over it

haha was worth a go...how much would you be looking at selling the other one for once it's done?

would love to see it once it's in with the engine cover on as it's exactly what I was thinking about doing...(as my clio is monaco blue too)

Monblue bombay badboy!
I have to say as nice as it looks I'd want it better than that because I'm a perfectionist - there's still the dimples between the letters etc and that's what puts me off doing it.

Bloody shiny though, can tell you haven't got a Mrs with polishing action like that!
This one is one of two i have. Now that i have done one i know what the flaws are. So the next one will be better and plus now i have a dremmel! I am to a perfectionist!;)

9 hours :eek: sod that. You can get them on an exchange basis from places - you send them your normal looking bits & they send them back all polished up, saves all that messing about:cool:

Monblue bombay badboy!
9 hours :eek: sod that. You can get them on an exchange basis from places - you send them your normal looking bits & they send them back all polished up, saves all that messing about:cool:

guess what! i am one of those people you send them off too and you pay me to do it. My time costs me nothing!:rasp: :)