ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Clio, a Cupra and a Glanza took a trip to the country...

182FF Arctic
Hey all,

I spent the morning with a couple of mates cleaning our cars. Once we had finished the weather was so nice that we thought we'd get some pics.

So here we have Dave_rsi's Seat Cupra, my friend Jay's Glanza V, and my own phase 1 Clio 172 recent bought from Wellas.

Enjoy

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

10042009143.jpg

don't
All of them look good. How does the Seat compare to the clio, power, handling etc?

The Ibiza is a little different! I've never owned a 172, had an old clio rsi before I got a 306 gti-6, then moved onto the Ibiza

Its far from standard

1.8 20v turbo, upgraded turbo to the KO3s Custom Jabbasport remap 250bhp / 285 lb.ft, Front Mount InterCooler (Laguna) 3" Blueflame 100cell race cat 2.75" Catback Scorpion, Green Panel Filter, smoothed airbox Forge 007p DumpValve 4 Bar FPR 15mmspacers

In a straight line it beats alot of things, 172's, Ctr's, my mates golf R32! It's very very quick

Handling wise, errm not so good! It's not lowered, has 15mm spacers on the rear to help with handling but its still not great

doesnt take a lot to get the tyres squeeling if you push too hard round corners!

Rb 182
The Ibiza is a little different! I've never owned a 172, had an old clio rsi before I got a 306 gti-6, then moved onto the Ibiza

Its far from standard

1.8 20v turbo, upgraded turbo to the KO3s Custom Jabbasport remap 250bhp / 285 lb.ft, Front Mount InterCooler (Laguna) 3" Blueflame 100cell race cat 2.75" Catback Scorpion, Green Panel Filter, smoothed airbox Forge 007p DumpValve 4 Bar FPR 15mmspacers

In a straight line it beats alot of things, 172's, Ctr's, my mates golf R32! It's very very quick

Handling wise, errm not so good! It's not lowered, has 15mm spacers on the rear to help with handling but its still not great

doesnt take a lot to get the tyres squeeling if you push too hard round corners!

Hmmm Any pics you could Pm me. Cheers

Rb 182
Hi mate, my laptops recently died so I'm using my misses

only pics I've got are ones already on photobucket for now, some above and the 2 below

cheers
Dave

Dave2.jpg

ibiza4.jpg

Looks lovely mate, was thinking about one for after the 172. But not sure yet. Daily is it a decent car? Reliable.

Sorry for spamming thread! :p

don't
Yea very little problems really! I've got Vagcom on the laptops so I can read any fault codes that do come up and clear them if needs be! run logs etc on things

Worst thing I had was the throttle body died, 2nd hand replacement was £65 and it was easy to change!

flew through its last mot and its on about 78k miles now! emmisions are a bit touch and go due to the remap mind!

Had it about 2 years now so i'm looking at selling in a couple of months!

Rb 182
Yea very little problems really! I've got Vagcom on the laptops so I can read any fault codes that do come up and clear them if needs be! run logs etc on things

Worst thing I had was the throttle body died, 2nd hand replacement was £65 and it was easy to change!

flew through its last mot and its on about 78k miles now! emmisions are a bit touch and go due to the remap mind!

Had it about 2 years now so i'm looking at selling in a couple of months!

Cool. Im not in the market to buy, but looking at the prices starting from £2500 upwards. A decent selection of modded ones out there too.

PH1 172 Sport
Do like the Cupras though I would have to sort the handling out as thats more important to me then going fast in a straight line. They are great sleepers though!

Evo 6, E92 320d
I like Jay's Glanza, he needs clear indicators on the front end though. As for Adams old car, its nice, few cable ties to sort the exhaust and your done.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
all 3 cars are nice, id love a glanza tho but it would have to be in white

Pearl Black 172
All very nice lads, just as said maybe change/sort the exhaust on the clio.

3 pocket rockets ;) Love it!

don't
The Glanza is standard apart from the alloys! The 172 is quicker, quite close from a standing start but then the clio pulls ahead! ibiza quicker than both

don't
Thought I'd bump this as the cupra on the 1st page is now going up for sale :)

will have 6 months tax and mot till november