ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A correctly driven 197 is faster than a standard 172/182!

Lee, what were your actual lap times in the 197 and trophy?

times say so much more than "feel" when driven by the same person,

thanks

Simon

Thats a shame, will have to see what the stig can do with it on top gear then, just hope it dry and not flooded like the V6 test ;) to give a good comparison with the 182 that was tested :)

Simon

182... again!
Lee said:
Timing isn't allowed at track day, that's grounds for being sent home.

It was happening though...shame no one was checking! The briefing fell on some deaf ears unfortunately...

Nissan Pulsar N14 SSS
Darren S said:
I am trying so, so hard to like the appearance of the 197. Maybe if I slap myself with a wet fish and repeat "197 is better to look at than a 182" two-thousand times, it may have some effect? :S

D.

Beauty is ALWAYS in the eye of the beholder...

As for me, the 197 is a much more attractive image than the 182... The 182 has a cute face and butt, but the side profile is one that only a mother could love (looks a bit like a shopping trolley from side on - opps, no offence intended)...

Viva la difference...

Last edited:
R

rich[182]

Lee said:
Timing isn't allowed at track day, that's grounds for being sent home.

Lee is that for real, whats the reasoning behind that then, just curious thats all
Cheers
Rich

Lee

BMW M2C
rich172 said:
Lee is that for real, whats the reasoning behind that then, just curious thats all
Cheers
Rich

It's the same for all track days. If they were to be timed events then it would push the costs up massively as the track day operator would have to take out very different insurance. As it stands they aren't covered if it's a timed event.

I'd also expect people would need a racing license in some circumstances.