ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few changes to the RS2'd Trophy *cage now painted*

RS2'd Trophy
A few little changes to my engine bay.

So I decided I would change my air filter setup to a V6 airbox with a Pipercross race filter and a shorter samco Joint. I also fitted a small catch tank and modified the battery tray and front panel to fit it all in! The catch tank is off for powdercoating monday so temporary silver.

The car initially feels a damn site better, the noise is alot nicer and the grunt from low rpm's has been greatly increased. Could be the placebo effect though lol! All in all its well worth it just because it looks and drives alot more OEM!

Thanks for looking.

before:
DSC02801.jpg

DSC02800.jpg

Parts to fit:
6a89de99.jpg

+ Oil Hose and battery cables.

After
009eb61a.jpg

cb37c4e5.jpg

All tucked up in bed for the week
9a807100.jpg

Thanks for looking

James

RS2'd Trophy
Re: A few changes to the RS2'd Trophy

Yeah definitely! I need to get it on the dyno again actually when trhe exhaust place have de-catted this Orbisoud.

Audi A5

looks brilliant as allways.

have you not thought about putting some sort of grill in your fog light trims?

RS2'd Trophy

I'm so jealous of your engine bay

Fancy coming and doing mine? LOL

Phil! When are we going for this drive? Pre CSS?

Ill do you a deal! If you take some propper pictures of my car with yours and ill give you a hand on your bay?! Deal?

RS2'd Trophy

Thanks Chap appreciate it.

Cage IS getting painted this weekend, ive bought a strut brace also so this will be getting fitted with it.

Pics to follow hopefully Sunday.

James

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

did you ring matt mate? any notices with the v6 box on the RS2?

Phil! When are we going for this drive? Pre CSS?

Ill do you a deal! If you take some propper pictures of my car with yours and ill give you a hand on your bay?! Deal?

Hahaha I bought a new lens last month specifically for taking pics mate

We'll have to get a bit of a Lincoln drive out organised :D
Batesey - fancy getting a thread up?

RS2'd Trophy

Do it!!!

Simon - I spoke to him, vbands are in the post, before CSS I hope itll be done! thanks again mate!

BG V6 IL V6 172cup

Great mod would be interesting to see the results! Im just trying to decide what filter to go for with mine, looking at a larger ITG filter as the battery is allready relocated in the back of the car so got loads of room.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Looks Very neat now, like how the factory would do it.
Cant see there being any power gains though tbh as I've got an rst filter on my turbo and it still doesn't appear restrictive even at 260bhp.

Is the ecu supported well enough still without the brace?

RS2'd Trophy

Looks Very neat now, like how the factory would do it.
Cant see there being any power gains though tbh as I've got an rst filter on my turbo and it still doesn't appear restrictive even at 260bhp.

Is the ecu supported well enough still without the brace?

Chip,

Thanks for the comments. I think its all placebo tbh, the noise is far better than before IMO.

The ECU I have used a piece of Alloy Bracing from a solar kit I specced a while ago, its hidden below the battery so its going knowwhere lol!

Parts arrived today to V-band the Cat out of the orbisoud so in the next couple of weeks ill give it a go. Do you think removing it will make it much louder?

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup

Looks good James, Tight squeeze lol, opted out of the race battery?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

I do worry about the RS2 filter placement when driving in heavy rain tbh. (with that little air feed gap on the grill).

Good idea tbh :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

I do worry about the RS2 filter placement when driving in heavy rain tbh. (with that little air feed gap on the grill).

Do you mean in case you get water ingress and end up hydraulicing the engine or similar?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup

If you look where the standard airbox get its feeds from, the one that runs under the standard airbox picks up from the grill point as standard

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

Its not in a direct 70mph+ wind though lol.

I'm not saying its a design flaw, its just something I think about.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Its not in a direct 70mph+ wind though lol.

I'm not saying its a design flaw, its just something I think about.

Even heavy rain, isnt THAT heavy.

Would need to be driving in floods to have a problem IMHO

PB 182 (1 of 29)

Looking awesome as ever James, assume you sourced a new airbox from renault as all the ones I have seen for sale look really tatty!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Ha, looked outside recently? :)

Yes, and the floods ive seen would fill a standard air intake sooner ;)

You are worrying about nothing. Its no more a risk than an ITB car for example.

RS2'd Trophy

Looks good James, Tight squeeze lol, opted out of the race battery?

Yeah just a bit! it was a right pain, cut fingers I tell you James. Are you doing CSS btw James? Wouldnt mind supporting the 'Stone' Stand if there was one.

Cheap enough to do chap, Definitely do it if your as anal as me.

De-catting mine made it insanely loud lol

I'm surprised this isn't boosted yet ;)

Parts are arriving as we speak Phil, Im hoping it will work with the RS2 inlet also.

Looking awesome as ever James, assume you sourced a new airbox from renault as all the ones I have seen for sale look really tatty!

Thanks chap, I hope your well! No I got it off here actually from a chap in chesterfield. Great condition almost new looking!

Lets just hope the exhaust guy does a good job on the exhuast!

Heres another pic , cage is now red + Generic Strut brace
9d441487.jpg

James

RS2'd Trophy
Supercharged is more cool points so I reckon he will go for that lol.

Haha, probably supercharged just because itll drive like more of an N/A car however I am drawn towards the tubo charger after driving a friends evo, the torque is just relentless!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Haha, probably supercharged just because itll drive like more of an N/A car however I am drawn towards the tubo charger after driving a friends evo, the torque is just relentless!

If you are going low pressure, then you wont get much torque, so dont get too influenced by what totally different cars drive like.

Are you planning to decompress the engine?

If not then it will really limit you.

What management are you planning on running?

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Car looks spot on. Would love a RS2 for mine at some point

Would this be Dans evo?