ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few options wheel wise, a tad unsure????? Opinions more than welcome

Black Gold with cup packs
Oki Doki been on the market for a new set of wheels for the last few weeks, have a few options and I would like to share my ideas with you prior to purchasing, I have a feeling a few will dislike the jap on the french legs but I am pretty fed up of turinis left right and centre.. Here is my shortlist after weeks of hunting...

Here are my white choices

GridDiftWhite16x8.jpg

SlipstreamWhite17x75.jpg

buddy_2.jpg

prorace12white.jpg

The Black choices

buddy_3.jpg

SlipstreamFlatBlack17x75.jpg

prorace12black.jpg

Happy days, all opinions welcome!!

Good taste Boosh, I have been leaning towards these myself, I love them and doubt it very much there are many people that would have slapped them on their Clio, you speak sense!

I also feel that the pro race 1.2's are a nice wheel but to similar to turinis.
pro race 1.2's weigh 7.6kg per wheel... The Grid drifts weigh 5.8kg :) in 16's

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
its got to be the top ones mate.

the multi spoke things you have posted will look w**k on a clio but those ones are different and will look good.

kinda a blend between 2118's and willy wheels.

Think they will look hot on a bg 182

Indeed, all I need now is this bank holiday weekend to pass so I can order a set

very jap, I see alot of people dubbing their clios nowadays so why not go to the otherside and go for a bit of FrenchAsian..
I think the style of the Rota Wheels Grid Drift and Rota Wheels Slipstream especially in white will go very well with the BG clios. Hell Dan anything is going to be better than the abominations the clio is currently wearing, AND I want to be different, this is different :)

What offset are you going for? Are you sure they'll clear the calipers front and rear?

The Grid Drifts have an et of.........10 :) so they are out of the question...
I will be getting the slipstreams instead I think which are available in et40, 42, 45

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The slip streams would have been my 2nd choice. look alot like what wheels KTEC have on there 197

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i was thinking of getting them but i bought turinis instead

182 Cup
Are these going on a 182? I've had Slipstreams before in et45 (same offset as the oe wheels). They fitted fine on the front, but wouldn't clear the calipers on the rear. 5mm spacers sorted it, but I wasn't happy with that solution so sold them on.

If I was going to buy them again (which I might) I'd probably try et40 at the rear to see if it solves the clearance issue.

The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is how much material I had left on the rear pads when I fitted the Rota's. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the caliper position changes as the pads wear at the rear. So a wheel that clears the caliper with very worn pads might not when new pads are fitted.

My pads and disks are brand new so we will find out, I have emailed Rota direct in regards to fitment so I should find out tomorrow

BMW M4; S1000 RR
5mm spacer is nothing, especially on the rear of a FWD hatch.

Either way, have you looked at 5zigen wheels? There was a style I thought looked quite good on a Clio but can't remember the name.

5mm spacer is nothing, especially on the rear of a FWD hatch.

Either way, have you looked at 5zigen wheels? There was a style I thought looked quite good on a Clio but can't remember the name.

providing they are light weight I will look at them
The slipstreams are 5.9kg/wheel in 16" form

Ok I can get a et45 or an et40 now for any other I will be looking at a 5-6 week wait.
Inferno as you said the et45 wouldn't pass the caliper on the rear wheel correct, so If I was to buy et40 that should resolve the problem straight up right?????

182 Cup
Ok I can get a et45 or an et40 now for any other I will be looking at a 5-6 week wait.
Inferno as you said the et45 wouldn't pass the caliper on the rear wheel correct, so If I was to buy et40 that should resolve the problem straight up right?????

I think et40 would work, however reality might prove me wrong! The only way to be sure is to either fit one or get the supplier to provide some exact measurements of the two wheels.

I'd want to know the distance from the hub mounting surface to the inner spokes on both offsets. All I can say for sure is that the et45 wheel with a 5mm spacer did clear.

I have seriously contradicted what i said above, but never mind, white turinis it is :)