ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few pics and a video from last weekend's Nurburgring trip

172 ph1
Had not planned on going to the 'Ring much this year, but then 2 friends from the US decided they'd come over, and both wanted to go to the Nordschleife with me as guide, 1 last weekend, 1 this weekend, so I went (going again this weekend) :D

Some of the nicer shots from the weekend:

Showing the friend around the track

105_6345.jpg

IMG_5813.jpg

One with the fiance

img_4684_20100503_1675504966.jpg

Waving to the cameraman

_mg_1442_20100503_1588629872.jpg

one of the prouder moments of the weekend - passing a GT2

01-05-2010-TF449.jpg

going for a lap on my own

01-05-2010-TF1132.jpg

Instructing my friend Joe, who usually drives an RX7 (undergoing a V8 swap currently)

01-05-2010-TF785.jpg

_TF23009_wm.jpg

Videoed 1 lap on Sunday, ran across some interesting traffic...

[youtube]buRz48zYNis[/youtube]

Si

RS Clio 172
great pics bud :) i was meant to be there last weekend :( few friends were there though :)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Thats a cracking vid mate, and a lovely clear run.... only 1 bike you lucky bugger!!

The GTR driver was in a world of his own.... Dangerous! :D

172 ph1
Cracking pics!
one that I took myself :D

IMG_9510.jpg

nice bit of driving that mate wish i lived close to there

Nice pics, must be ace living close so you can pop over anytime.
yeah it's a 3 hour drive, wish I was even closer but I know I'm quite lucky to be this close

great pics bud :) i was meant to be there last weekend :( few friends were there though :)
Hope to see you later in the year :)
Thats a cracking vid mate, and a lovely clear run.... only 1 bike you lucky bugger!!

The GTR driver was in a world of his own.... Dangerous! :D
yeah it was like he saw me, indicated, then forgot I was there

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
really need to get a betterer idea of the track before i head over in a month......

can't think of anyways other than driving it (short of that, maybe watching more videos)

nice driving

172 ph1
really need to get a betterer idea of the track before i head over in a month......

can't think of anyways other than driving it (short of that, maybe watching more videos)

nice driving
Thanks

Register at the Northloop forum and the Ringers forum, and ask for some passenger laps before you drive the track yourself, that's really helpful.

The elevation changes are really surprising the first time you're there.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i was looking at the elevation changes and thinking that could cause un-necessary braking when prior to a corner

thanks for the info, a few of us are heading over as part of a euro road trip, will be attending on a thursday evening

172 ph1
i was looking at the elevation changes and thinking that could cause un-necessary braking when prior to a corner

thanks for the info, a few of us are heading over as part of a euro road trip, will be attending on a thursday evening
indeed, but it's also to do with how you manage the weight shift of the car to keep it stable at places, such as Schwedenkreuz where there is a crest in the middle of a left turn.

When will you guys be going? If I'm there I could give you guys some passenger laps before you head out in your own cars.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
indeed, but it's also to do with how you manage the weight shift of the car to keep it stable at places, such as Schwedenkreuz where there is a crest in the middle of a left turn.

When will you guys be going? If I'm there I could give you guys some passenger laps before you head out in your own cars.

we get to the ring on thursday 10th i think for the evening opening....would be great to get some laps out first

Qashcow
im papping it about the trip too Ph-reeboner, not the same on a PS3 as in real life. i shall definately be driving it like my mother would!

172 ph1
I was shouting out loud at the GTR! - great stuff, great lap.

yes I'm guessing he's not been round many times

PMSL. u actually posted pics of the fiance! and LOL at the walibi one!
hehe I love that one but she's always embarrassed by it
we get to the ring on thursday 10th i think for the evening opening....would be great to get some laps out first
Ah that's a shame, I probably won't be there on the 10th
nice pics

anything changed to the cars suspension?
yeah it's on KW V2s :)

other things that are not standard: Potenza RE-01R tires, Goodridge brake lines, yellowstuff pads, supersprint exhaust

have not had time to corner balance it yet but it's going pretty nicely already
I saw you there!

I was in my 172 cup with 182 alloys :)
Ah I saw you too, really nice looking car.

It's impossible to find a Cup here, the equivalent Ragnotti go for silly prices in Belgium (saw one for around 8500 Euros)

Sorry I didn't come over to have a chat, my friend was visiting for the first time from the US so I was busy with helping him as much as I can. When I'm less busy I'm happy to offer passenger laps

Hope to meet you again and we can exchange passenger laps

Last edited:

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
love the video thanks for sharing

im heading out on the 28th of may if your around ill come and say hi, your more than welcome to take me for a passanger lap pretty please haha

regards
sam

172 ph1
love the video thanks for sharing

im heading out on the 28th of may if your around ill come and say hi, your more than welcome to take me for a passanger lap pretty please haha

regards
sam
unfortunately I won't be there on the 28th :(

hmm, supersprint exhaust, want that 2

am thinking of the v2 kws too

where are you from in Belgium?
I'm in Brussels
great pics and the vid was nice and clear...fun day...nice one:cool:

great :) love threads like this

thanks for sharing.
thanks

new vid from this weekend

[YOUTUBE]ZqPgJL9unmU[/YOUTUBE]

172 ph1
niiiiice driving would love to go over there one day !! lol at the bloke on a moped !
Truly excellent videos and in a ph1 odyssey also,class.

Very good drive!!

congrat!
saw you there i was in the blue clio with the writin on the bonent.
I'm pretty sure I saw you too. :)

Was too busy this weekend to socialize much though, was coaching a friend from the US on his first trip + had 2 friends along

One of them actually threw up in the car :dead:, I think it was Ex Muhle and Bergwerk that did it

Luckily he vomited into a cap that he'd just bought and threw it out the window - the friend following me in a rental car got quite a fright :lolup:
Pmsl at the walibi world pic hahaha

I'll be up in a few weeks, will say hello if i see ya
I'll probably be there 24-27th of June

Heard from Karl that you have a Golf GTI now :)

172 ph1
A few pix from this trip

touris020320100508.jpg

08-05-2010-TF376.jpg

08-05-2010-TF824.jpg

broken window

09-05-2010-TF294.jpg

guiding my friend around, him following in the Rent4Ring swift

09-05-2010-TF495.jpg

untitled2.jpg