ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A freinds mk3 golf boso build

Nissan Note
Cheers guys glad you like/hate it ;)

Nice! Glad you've got the same ideas as me. ;) F*cking love it.

Spray the oil cooler black, maybe? Or black with a wakaba-style stencil in the front? I've seen it done on an old Boso drift Cresta and it looked mint.

The wheels definitely need to be wider though, I agree. Or if not, give them some more ghetto camber.

Excellent effort though. :cool:

I've just got some new wheels for it. A mate of mine says I can have them for nothing, I've just gotta go and collect them from Stoke. All good.
So with the new wheels and tyres I'll really be able to dial the stance in.
More camber is definitely on the menu, too.
I like the idea of some stenciling, always love seeing some innovative stuff done with a rattle can and some stickers!

Oh, here's the VR6 I bought on Monday night, too...

photo2-1.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

Gonna start tearing it apart tomorrow! :rasp:

Nissan Note
lol @ ripping apart the nicer car! Crackin logic!

With 32,000+ posts :star: you're obviously a fully qualified internet expert and, therefore, should know that you should never judge a book by its cover! Or in this case, make a blanket statement about a car based upon some poor quality photographs. Essentially what I am saying is that you're ill informed and, well... wrong! :nono:

In short, the crappy iPhone pics are making the dog rough, 15 owner (16 if you count me) VR look a lot nicer than it is.

The original (1.4-litre) Golf that is getting the Boso love is a really solid shell that's had two owners and is in great condition all round... at least it was until I got hold of it!

So what I am doing kind of makes sense.
Okay, thank you, goodbye ;)

audi a6 3.0tdi
You tell him lol

I'm looking forward to seeing some more progress pics. I can't say i like the exhausts but i do like the idea behind the project:)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
PMSL!!!!!!!!!! Does the Vr6 have a vertical Gutter for an exhaust on it tho! :p

32k post on relationship advice, i don't even have a car, i've got a mountain bike.

Jak

Renault clio 2002
good look with the project fella. nice to see your not going with the masses but doing your own thing!

Nissan Note
PMSL!!!!!!!!!! Does the Vr6 have a vertical Gutter for an exhaust on it tho! :p

32k post on relationship advice, i don't even have a car, i've got a mountain bike.

I salute you and challenge you to a duel! :)
I have four cars and none of them work properly: 1up! :dapprove:

The VR6 doesn't know what's gonna hit it!!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I love the VR6! I may have to pummel you with rocks if you ruin it! ;) (Wheels looks good tho, almost mini light stylee)

Nissan Note
good look with the project fella. nice to see your not going with the masses but doing your own thing!

Thanks mate, I like to try and go against the grain but in a good way!
We'll see how that turns out, though!

You tell him lol

I'm looking forward to seeing some more progress pics. I can't say i like the exhausts but i do like the idea behind the project:)

Cheers man :cool:

I love the VR6! I may have to pummel you with rocks if you ruin it! ;) (Wheels looks good tho, almost mini light stylee)

Hahahaha! The wheels are being changed! The only think you like and they're being changed. We'll never work. It's over :-(

BMW E46 330i Touring
Flol, love the exhaust and the colour, which seems to have been overlooked somewhat!

A Mk4 GTTDi in that colour on LM's and 'bags and I'd be in heaven...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
WHat wheels you going for!!!! Infact i'm not sure i want to know do they look like this?? Muchos Ghetto!

fnwincar.jpg

A Euro'd one...
Ha Ha love it Ben, so this is the new project eh? At least bloody finish the others first before you ruin a new one! :p

Honestly though, I love it. A real slap in the face for the 'haters'.

Keep up the good work my friend...

Waseem...

I love it. Would love to see a car like this out on the road, would have me smiling tbh. Keep us updated :)

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
What's it lowered on? colieys or springs? and also whats the drop on it

Looks swiiiish tbh

Never above 25mpg
Like the rear lights from the VR6 ! Would love to see this after the engine conversion! You're only 20 minutes from me too ;)

What are the new wheels going on it?

Nissan Note
Ha Ha love it Ben, so this is the new project eh? At least bloody finish the others first before you ruin a new one! :p

Honestly though, I love it. A real slap in the face for the 'haters'.

Keep up the good work my friend...

Waseem...

Ha, ha! Waseem the Dream! Glad you like it mate. It'll be done in a few weeks! ;)

Keep up the f*cking epic work.

Cheers Christopher!

I love it. Would love to see a car like this out on the road, would have me smiling tbh. Keep us updated :)

That's what it's all about - having a laugh and not taking things too seriously! :cool:

What's it lowered on? colieys or springs? and also whats the drop on it

Looks swiiiish tbh

I fitted some Supersport coilovers to it last week and they gave the worst ride I've ever had from any suspension kit. So I pulled them off the next day and fitted some SPAX RSX coilovers and they are much better. However, the RSX kit for the Mk3 Golf only lowers the car by 65mm, so even with the helper springs out they don't go low enough.
The wheels are being changed from 15-inch to 16-inch, so the car won't need to be as low for the wheels to fill the arches nicely, but nevertheless, the SPAX RSX kit will be removed for some V-Maxx next week. I've used this product before - their coilover kits are cheap and ride well when very low (all things considered). Of course this whole car is all about achieving a certain look. I have another Golf (Mk2 with an R32 engine) which is a serious build (not like this tonge in cheek affair) that's running KW v3 coilovers. There's no point going for expensive suspension on a car like this. It's never gonna handle very well, so I just need a set of coilovers that will deliver the look I'm after.

Like the rear lights from the VR6 ! Would love to see this after the engine conversion! You're only 20 minutes from me too ;)
What are the new wheels going on it?

I actually hate the lights on the VR! I think they'll be going on eBay! The stock Mk3 Cl lights will be retained and tinted all red and then maybe I'll throw some fishnet tights over them to add to the stupidity!
When it's done you're welcome to come and have a look at the car mate. I'll take you out for a spin in the lairy loud VR boso beast!

Glad you like the stupid Boso style :star:
Cheers,
Ben

Nissan Note
Thanks mate!

This just arrived...

VR6exhaust.jpg

Gonna go for a straight through pipe to the back box.
Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhooooooooom! :rasp:

that engine paint job is mental!

nice car apart from the pipes, hate them style jap cars too lol

the rest looks sweet though and i love the engine haha

Monaco
should have kept them at the first height then cut them. hugs the bumper nicely but they are just too silly imo. and they are not cut simetrically.

Nissan Note
Cheers guys - it's coming along quickly now. Will be done for Edition 38 show and Trax in a couple of weeks.

should have kept them at the first height then cut them. hugs the bumper nicely but they are just too silly imo. and they are not cut simetrically.

Corrrrrr. I bet you get the calculator out to split the bill straight down the middle on a first date with a girl! Hahaha!
It's supposed to look silly! That's the whole point!!!
Also, the exhaust slot in so that the boot can still be opened. The tail pipes weren't in straight when that photo was taken, so really they are pretty spot-on symmetrical.

LY R26
saw this parked up by the renault garage in bath must be a month or so ago now, zorst looks ace got some comments from my mates haha!

Nissan Note
Ok, so I haven't really been on the interwebz much recently. But here are some updates.

Bascially, I'm mechanically rubbish and although I managed to take the engine out of the donor VR, it became clear to me, that I hadn't got the skills to swap the motor into the stupid Boso inspired Mk3. So I got my mates at G-werks to help out...

http://gwerks.wordpress.com/2009/08/18/werkin-late/

http://gwerks.wordpress.com/2009/08/21/its-only-a-laugh-mate/

http://gwerks.wordpress.com/2009/10/26/waiting-game/

Just getting some material printed for the seat centres and then I'll be cracking on with the car. The stance needs sorting - new coilovers, wheel spacers, more camber etc. And then it's gonna get a completely over the top ICE install. It's a lot of fun building a car that's proper tongue-in-cheek and not at all serious! Much more enjoyable than a full-on build.
Anyway, more updates in the next couple of weeks.
Thanks for reading!
Ben

A silver Honda
Nice!

Are you still building that Caddy with the B16A honda lump? Or was that someone else lol

Nissan Note
No mate, the Caddy belongs to our workshop manager, Modest Matt.
It's a pretty nutty Caddy though - it was a sleeper until he put some crazy exhaust out the back. Super-quick Caddy, though!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Looks epic :D. The whole idea of car modding is to be individual, and this is it!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
love this build mate, I'm guessing you're the same ben chandler who built the super sexy brown euro saxo? If it was you're a hero :D