ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A little bit of Clio

Well I thought I would finally start myself a progress blog as a few have been saying I should.

Progress aint going to be fast by any means, nor will it be that interesting to be honest as I am getting married next weekend and I am a little financially crippled.

Just to summerise:

Done so far:
Cheap air filter
Rear 400w Fusion amp and sub + random speaker
MP5 stereo

Plans for 2013:
Cure forming rust in engine bay
New branded stereo (preferably Sony/Pioneer)
Replace 400w Fusion with 800w + Branded
all round amped speakers
Soundproof car
try find slimline Sub

Plans for 2014
Treat any areas that need attention!
Build custom air intake
Lower suspension
some alloys
Replace rear bumper with RS (if thats possible)
get all tools I need to do things myself!

Future plans:
Replace the slug of 1.2 engine with something a little more speccy, 2.0 idealy (depends on cost)
Turbo. (I like to dream)
redsigned dash would be nice

As you can see this year am focusing on Audio, no point going silly as its only a 1.2 and i use the audio all the time!
I will upload some pictures of the current progress shortly and keep progress on how I do things.

Im a pro (I like to think) at respraying parts so chances are that will happen somewhere down the line too!.

thats pretty much it for now

Well the wedding and honeymoon is over and done with now back to the normality that we call life! my insurance was up for renewal, I now pay £390 for the year, I can't grumble at that :) and today it went in for its MOT and passed with no problems :)

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
That speaker in the boot is so random. Surely the bass from the sub renders it pointless?

Yesterday I started stripping the wheels back and smoothing the bummps out, I bought myself some 40 60 400 and 1000 sandpaper and started rubbing away with the 40, wasn't working so I dug out my sander and loaded it up, still not even touching it :dead:
So decided to take a trip to B&Q for some nitromors, didnt realise that stuff was so expensive!!! ended up coming out with a wire wool drill bit instead and some cheap pain stripper.

Well what an investment, the wire drill bit absolutely teared threw the paint and revealed mass of metal in seconds!!
I only did 1 wheel yesterday (as the wife wasnt impressed that i did it in the living room) the rest I have left outside soaking in paint stripper :)

ill be interested to see if it touches it or not

Pics.. :)

Sandpapers attempt..
View attachment 99424
New Drill Bit...
View attachment 99425
Drill bit progress :)..
View attachment 99426
The wheels outside soaking
View attachment 99427

Not quite sure where to go with these wheels in terms of colour :/

They all just need finishing, 400 sanding 1000 sanding then I can get started with priming them ready :)

well, after 2 weeks my wheels are only a little closer to being finished! today is the first i have had off in a while (because its my birthday)

however I did attempt tinting my windows using £4 spray tint, doesn't look too bad

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I'd personally leave this 1.2 be & get a 197 if I was you.

It is/was a nice honest little car, the air filter you've put on looks shite too....
Nsmb-mushroom-mini.jpg

Wtf are you doing to those wheels?

step back and consider do you actually know what the f**k you are doing? The answer appears to be no, so stop and either find out how to do the job right or get someone to do it for you.

Wtf are you doing to those wheels?

step back and consider do you actually know what the f**k you are doing? The answer appears to be no, so stop and either find out how to do the job right or get someone to do it for you.

ill make you take that back when there done :) and less of the language, not required :)

I know what I am doing

Absolutely no need for a wire wheel, none at all. If you had to get them back to metal then you shouldn't have been tight and should have bought nitromors as that would have removed all the paint and not damaged the metal.

Absolutely no need for a wire wheel, none at all. If you had to get them back to metal then you shouldn't have been tight and should have bought nitromors as that would have removed all the paint and not damaged the metal.

to be fair i have never used a wire drill bit on anything I have painted before, but it hasnt damaged the metal, when 1000 sanded its really smooth, the paint work thats already on the wheels is so bad, and extremely thick!

got board and found some old paint so i though i would see how it looked over a small part of the dash

Before
View attachment 100507View attachment 100508
1st light Coat
View attachment 100509
almost finished
View attachment 100510
Done
View attachment 100511

last few coats were fairly heavy which they probably shouldnt have been.

its currently hung in my car drying nicely at around 45degrees or probably more lol

when its dryed ill give it a polish and see what it looks like.

(didnt think the pictures were too bad either to say they were taken with a mobile phone)

I am officially stupid.. Took the little plastic piece off from drying and left a lovely finger mark in the nice new paint, that's because of those thick layers and not looking where I am putting my fingers :coffee: