ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A little bit of Clio

A slow one
More people than i thought on here from the selby area, in cliffe my self dont know if you know where i mean but not a million miles away

Bit of an update, I finished the wheels and tried wrapping some interior parts, bit rough but not too bad for a first attempt.
10.jpg

1.jpg

Pictures don't do the wheels justice

S3 Sportback, Ninja
I actually laughed out loud at the dash, you are wrecking a perfectly good car. Sorry.

I actually laughed out loud at the dash, you are wrecking a perfectly good car. Sorry.

Oo, if you dont mind, what is it that you found funny, the fact its wrapped or the colour? I quite liked it, mainly because its different i think, I haven't made my mind up what colour I want it to be that is just the vinyl we had kicking about :/

I can see what you mean to dark may be a yellow would stand out , and the wheels came up a treat .

Yellow could work, would be a bit like the vauxhall adam. I might try it this weekend
Vauxhall-Adam-unveiled-2012-cabin-interior-itsgotwheels-image-2-e1342099610324.jpg

I ain't one of these that will be forced into doing what others prefer, my car, my looks :) sure they'll be haters but at least I know I like it.

The wheels didn't come up half as good as I had hoped, there passable from a distance. should have stuck with Matt/Satin paint

Mec 350 slk manual
May be worth looking at black cars with different colour wheels to see what would really suit it and then work on the inside

If you...

Washed it, Hovered it, Removed the McDonalds tissues, Bought new wheels, changed that awful trim and removed those speakers from the boot.

You would have a nice car

Just found this lovely 1.2 mk3 (from another post) http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?471754-Clio-MK3-from-Germany/page3

What do you think?

ClioSportMeet005.jpg

I like it a lot, sort of the look I was going for, I think your right about cleaning it, would make a world of difference.

I have had a look at other black cars and black wheels are the only ones I like. I could do with getting my hands on some springs though and get it dropped a bit.

Been messing about with some vinyl again, this time fret cut letters! I work with this sort of stuff and we chuck tones more of it.

Made "clio" out of some old letter
2.jpg

Then I stuck it on a wheel!
1.jpg

What words could I make to stick in other places? Hmm

Looks like you'v done a pretty decent job on the alloys from the photos so well done for that.
Its good to see that you're doing what you want to your car regardless of what other people say.

The only thing I will say is that the mods you are doing seem a bit random?

If im honest its purely because Im skint after getting married, the things I am doing dont cost much if anything, plus I see things and think to myself "I wonder what that would look like"

Next thing I am going to look at is wrapping the bumper plastics in gloss black

I appreciate you're doing what you think looks best, but looking at the picture of that black clio, it's got no tatty stickers on it and the guys probably saved up so that he can make it nice, not just thrown cheap tatty stickers at it. Save up for something worth it and do the car some justice!
If you want cheap lowering springs there's plenty around and if you look far enough you could pick up a set of cheap turinis and if you ARE confident on your restoration method, then you can spray them yourself. Trust me, you'll be more satisfied by going simple.

Its been a while!

not much has happened with the car, stands pretty much the same as above, its sporting the rally look at the moment though, desperately needing a clean!

I did get some super bright 100w lights though! makes me realise how yellow the standard bulbs are! there amazing, bright white and a lot further range of light!!

However I now have an issue.. during the change of bulb a fastening clip broke, so I need to get a replacement for this and for some reason the full beam stalk does not work, only if you pull it ever so slightly, it doesn't click on, so I could potentially need a new stalk, yaay.

Further update to the above, 100w bulbs are utter w**k. I should have known really not to expect much, however I do suspect they were designed for a HID kit. They actually faded, and against oncoming traffic on back roads it was almost like having no lights.

anyway lesson learnt I have gone and got myself some Osram Night breaker Plus, and well, what a massive difference they are, I don’t mind having a yellowish tint as I can now see properly! I would recommend these bulbs to anybody! Cost me £16 for a set of H7's low beam.

And, the car also had a bath, I actually had to stand back and admire :)

My plans now are to remove the spray tints and replace with proper tints, and in the new year I am thinking about investing in some new alloys, maybe some nice 15's

and get the dam thing lowered! But decent coilover kits for this model are so god dam expensive!!

Mk3 1.4 clio
Further update to the above, 100w bulbs are utter w**k. I should have known really not to expect much, however I do suspect they were designed for a HID kit. They actually faded, and against oncoming traffic on back roads it was almost like having no lights.

anyway lesson learnt I have gone and got myself some Osram Night breaker Plus, and well, what a massive difference they are, I don’t mind having a yellowish tint as I can now see properly! I would recommend these bulbs to anybody! Cost me £16 for a set of H7's low beam.

And, the car also had a bath, I actually had to stand back and admire :)

My plans now are to remove the spray tints and replace with proper tints, and in the new year I am thinking about investing in some new alloys, maybe some nice 15's

and get the dam thing lowered! But decent coilover kits for this model are so god dam expensive!!

I got myself some weitec gt's, the ride is lovely not to harsh. Cost close to £600 and it total transforms the look of your car.

I got myself some weitec gt's, the ride is lovely not to harsh. Cost close to £600 and it total transforms the look of your car.

Something along those lines would be nice, but Ide be looking around £300 tops in reality

Just buy some decent lowering springs

This could be the way to go, Coilovers appealed more with being adjustable, Might look into springs though, it would be cheaper but probably at the expense of my arse cheeks. At least until prices drop. plus I wanted to go as low as possible, 70mm ;) but springs are usually 45mm :(

Morning Everybody, Not sure where to go right now with this.

The 75hp just doesnt keep me happy, I am considering selling this and getting a newer 182, Am i being silly?

I genuinly just miss the power, and while this car is nippy and fun it just lacks on the engine side.

The thing that makes me consider not selling is purely that the car has never let me down ever! gets a good mpg return, cheaper tax, clean MOT's and can be nippy from start.

What would people think I get price wise if I was to stick this up for sale?

2008 Clio 1.2 16v Extreme 3 door
MOT June 2014
Taxed unitil September 2014
Would replace standard wheels and airbox
and get serviced before sale
(last serviced 2012)
1 previous owner.

or should I keep?