ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Little Something For The Petrol Blue 182

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Doing something like this has been on my mind for months and an itch I needed to scratch as quite frankly I was losing interest in the Clio. So I decided to bite the bullet and buy this, for me it's the cheapest and easiest way to get more power. It's not 100% complete but i'll now enjoy getting back into having a project and getting my hands dirty again. I have no idea what it will be like but I'm sure it will be fun after I've fitted it and have it mapped.

So.... Petrol Blue 182 + Supercharger = Fun

This

11911148954_cc156a0fe2_b.jpg

. by Ricard o1, on Flickr

11910695485_7b38e93720_b.jpg

. by Ricard o1, on Flickr

Going into this

9674938250_9fd0671259_b.jpg

PBShoot 025 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

9665648371_77739a7840_b.jpg

PBShoot 001 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Do it rich :)

That's the plan, I'm just writing out a shopping list of parts and will start working through it over the next 2 weeks. I've just purchased a Renault Laguna DCi for peanuts but won't get that for another 4 weeks as the owners are emigrating to America then. So that gives me time to gather all the parts I need to then the Clio comes off the road. That's when the project thread begins

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
That's the plan, I'm just writing out a shopping list of parts and will start working through it over the next 2 weeks. I've just purchased a Renault Laguna DCi for peanuts but won't get that for another 4 weeks as the owners are emigrating to America then. So that gives me time to gather all the parts I need to then the Clio comes off the road. That's when the project thread begins

Ill look forward to it mate. Im glad you have found the love again :)

Arctic 182
That PB is lovely, Will be crazy when it's 'charged!
Off topic slightly (apologies) are 182's quite rare in PB?

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
That PB is lovely, Will be crazy when it's 'charged!
Off topic slightly (apologies) are 182's quite rare in PB?
Just 29 Petrol Blue 182's sold in this country.

Look forward to seeing this project unfold.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Cheers guys. I think this is the only one I've seen on the forum. Could be wrong though!

I believe FatRS has a Petrol Blue, when I was at CSS 13 I was the only Petrol Blue Clio there.

Can't wait to get the ball rolling when the Clio comes off the road so I can make a start a dry fit the intercooler and associated coolers. Then I can take the engine out to do the belt and clutch change, bolt the charger in place, engine bay tidy up before it goes back in. I'll be buying a few bits in the next 2 weeks but won't start a project thread until the Clio is off the road.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
That's gonna be awesome when it's finished mate!!

Cheers, the parts are building up ready and waiting for when the Clio comes off the road. I'm doing really well holding in the excitement, i'm really not sure what the hell it's going to be like when it's back on the road with 250bhp!

RB 182
I imagine it's gonna be a bit of an animal and more than satisfying 250bhp sounds like a good figure to aim for aswell! When I was over at Engine Dynamics back in the summer Andy took me for a spin in his low boost turbo'd 182 and that felt more than quick enough running 230bhp.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
After buying the supercharger kit I spoke to Paul at RS Tuning and that was the figure he gave me, so fingers crossed I get close to that :eek:

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
It might make more mate :evil: mine at stage 1 made 260 on Paul's rollers at the @0.5bar. Think it's the most he had out of one @0.5

I know there are different factors that can equate to a final figure but 1 that springs to mind is restrictor diameter size IIRC? I do have 1 but was thinking of having a couple more made up so they can be easily swapped over when it's being mapped.
RyG i'll pop round when it's finished

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Will it be coming on any track days when it's done?

It certainly will be, that's the plan. Would like to get it out on Brands after it's finished for a shakedown to see how it goes. Also toying with fitting a pair of bucket seats as it should end up being a 2nd car.

I know there are different factors that can equate to a final figure but 1 that springs to mind is restrictor diameter size IIRC? I do have 1 but was thinking of having a couple more made up so they can be easily swapped over when it's being mapped.

I did have the size of the restrictor wrote down somewhere before I got it machined out which was to 32mm I think, 29mm springs to mind for some reason.