ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A nice clean Impreza and some crap pictures.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had two really nice cars booked in today for a quick pre-christmas holiday spruce up. A husband and wifes lovely Fiesta ST and a Mondeo ST220. Once i'd finished their cars I looked outside and saw the sorry state of my car and decided to stay on an extra hour and give it a very quick clean.
Washed, demon shined, vacuumed, windows polished and a lick of tyre dressing. Seeing as me having a clean car is a rare occurrence, I thought i'd take some pictures. They're poor but I like taking pics of my cars for memories more than anything.

Spec is, iirc,

2003-03 Blob eye WRX
8pot front brakes
VF34 Turbo,
STI intercooler
No cat and a 3 inch turbo back exhaust
Big alloy radiator
Warlbro fuel pump
550 injectors
3 port boost solenoid
Induction kit
Mapped to suit.
Uprated clutch
18 inch Oz Ultraleggera wheels, Hankook V12 tyres
Boost gague, oil temp gague and a Turbo timer.

322bhp. And I love it. Absolutely love it.

Anyway, pics. Here we are.

E260B718-BB2F-4FA1-A5A4-27F9E89DE802_zpsl1pvmssd.jpg

7DE1E8D3-0F0C-439F-9C24-7C256FB02C55_zpsy2i0t7nm.jpg

My splitter. third time lucky...

2BAD019C-7768-4A44-AADB-F7A9229C95A0_zpsvkxlaufm.jpg

E04FFDEF-D983-4979-A126-181E34A33D17_zpsgfdvckob.jpg

DF21F028-C44A-4F99-A037-A0E90B22614B_zpsal7oqnge.jpg

561FF604-E198-4BA0-AEF9-3DCEC7FCFDE3_zpsmzpwxqj5.jpg

D3094ACD-61CD-434D-AA44-BAA837FC4BE3_zpsqta408jz.jpg

5D03AD86-6800-4F10-BA7C-EDA097343DD1_zps6kc8o81d.jpg

68FFCDFF-5F96-4068-93A1-10A09967F036_zpsv0okmbtr.jpg

80AC9655-0479-42F7-A3D2-E0B50D4AEBC0_zpsjoggatsq.jpg

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Great pics mate. . Lovely motor. . My missus drove ours today and liked it. She said she'd prefer a saloon though. Could be interesting ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Size of that f**king pot hole!! Need 4wd to get out if it.

Lovely looking motor Dan.

That fcuking pothole is the reason i'm on my third splitter. (Technically 2nd) The one that came on the car was stonechipped to hell and had a big hole in it. I snapped it when I went in the pothole. Straight forward clean snap so not obliterated.

I then bought (£190!!) a new splitter. Driving out of the garage, into the pothole and BOOM! it literally exploded into a million pieces. Must have caught it on a weak spot.

So I then took my old original snapped one down the bodyshop, covered the whole back of it in fibreglass to try and make it stronger, a skim of filler, and a coat of satin black. All back together now and touch wood* it's been fine and i've managed to avoid that fcuking pothole.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it was, it would be worth a lot more money!

But mines faster anyway. ;)

PH2 Flamer
That fcuking pothole is the reason i'm on my third splitter. (Technically 2nd) The one that came on the car was stonechipped to hell and had a big hole in it. I snapped it when I went in the pothole. Straight forward clean snap so not obliterated.

I then bought (£190!!) a new splitter. Driving out of the garage, into the pothole and BOOM! it literally exploded into a million pieces. Must have caught it on a weak spot.

So I then took my old original snapped one down the bodyshop, covered the whole back of it in fibreglass to try and make it stronger, a skim of filler, and a coat of satin black. All back together now and touch wood* it's been fine and i've managed to avoid that fcuking pothole.

£190! And people moan about the cup splitter prices.

I would get a bag of driveway gravel and fill it in if I used that road every day. Cheaper than £190.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I would get a bag of driveway gravel and fill it in if I used that road every day. Cheaper than £190.

I moved in in january and since then the bloke in the unit next to me has filled it in three times. There are lots of 18 tonne wagons and bin lorries that use the lane and do three point turns so it's only a matter of weeks before it's destroyed again.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Do the foglight covers just clip in? I can see a sort of hole that looks like they would.

Edit; £70 per side plus postage??? Fcuk that.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks great, I like the carbon air intake too

How do you find the ride on 18's?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Fog covers would set that off no end. My old black one, likes yours didnt have covers, only thing letting the front down IMO. Have a mooch on scoobynet etc, people allways breaking them (cars that is)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looks great, I like the carbon air intake too

How do you find the ride on 18's?

I can't fault the ride at all mate. Its stiff enough to not get body roll, but soft enough to soak up the bumps. In fact, it's a smoother drive than my wifes 58 plate fiesta 1.4!

My mate borrowed it today and said he couldn't believe how easy to drive it was and how nice it was to drive. He also said he nearly s**t his pants when he put his boot down for the first time! lol.

Looks lovely that (not so sure on the carbon scoop though) i keep getting an urge to get something properly fast again, keep looking at classic impeza's and early evos, infact, im going to put my cup for sale and go looking for a classic.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I can't fault the ride at all mate. Its stiff enough to not get body roll, but soft enough to soak up the bumps. In fact, it's a smoother drive than my wifes 58 plate fiesta 1.4!

My mate borrowed it today and said he couldn't believe how easy to drive it was and how nice it was to drive. He also said he nearly s**t his pants when he put his boot down for the first time! lol.

Ah that's good then, my mate has 18's on his in summer an the ride isn't bad, but since he has put his 17" STI alloys back on he's remembered how much better the ride was.

I really think 18's look good on Imprezas though.

It looks fine without fog covers IMO too :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I hated the scoop at first. Infact the first thing I said when I pulled up to buy it was ''That scoop needs to go'' but I think it makes the front end now.

It's definitely a grower.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Massive Mudflaps on these and every Fast Ford are the worst. I'd rather have the dirt, tar and stone chips.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I hated the scoop at first. Infact the first thing I said when I pulled up to buy it was ''That scoop needs to go'' but I think it makes the front end now.

It's definitely a grower.
It's because you are a f**king chav.

Nice car tho mate.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Keeping it ?!

Mine needs more poke.. I just can't justify throwing ~1k away to get another ~70hp followed by a borked 'box.. mapping licences are hilarious :(

The outside of mine looks like the inside of a coal mine at the moment. Might go do a photo shoot tomorrow haha :eek:

172/B8 Quattro
Nice impreza and best turbo mod for a step up from td04, good spool and pulls all the way to redline unlike the vf35 which goes flat towards top end, not keen on the scoop though, you need to de tango and black mod the headlights IMO to set the front off and change to a 3 spoke steering wheel.

172/B8 Quattro
Keeping it ?!

Mine needs more poke.. I just can't justify throwing ~1k away to get another ~70hp followed by a borked 'box.. mapping licences are hilarious :(

The outside of mine looks like the inside of a coal mine at the moment. Might go do a photo shoot tomorrow haha :eek:
You don't need a mapping license its a con IMO, get it done via open source (car berry) gives loads of features like LC, FFS, AL, switchable maps etc

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You don't need a mapping license its a con IMO, get it done via open source (car berry) gives loads of features like LC, FFS, AL, switchable maps etc

Launch Control and anti lag??? Please explain yourself more...

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Might as well be talking Japanese.. :eek: Which is ironic......

Please pretend you're talking to Daniel so I have a chance to understand.. (I know what LC/AL etc are, BTW ;) ) I don't need/want any of that haha .. I like my clutch !