ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a ticky engine sound on clio rs

clio rs 2000
hi friends i am from turkey my rs has a problem. there is a ticky sound in engine espacially on idle and when the engine is warm like a seewing machine. i have changed the hydraulic valve lifters. although the sound reduces but it has still continueing
if some body can help me i will be so happy
can the problem caused by teh valves or rocker arms
ther is a video of the car this is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ4rHuevGt8

mps aero
iv just had my clio in and they think its something to do with the variable valve timeing or sumthin lol. is ur car due its cambelt change? at 72000 or at 5 yrs old.
iv have been quoted £200 2 sort the problem but thats in the uk where we pay 2 much 4 everything lol
i will get the work done then let u know if it has fixed it. just watched the vid mine isnt near as bad as urs though. how is it running? does it ever cut out when u coast?

Last edited:
  clio rs 2000
the camera take the noise very much the car isint as laud as in the camera i have changed the valve tappets. while changing we look timimg belt but it is ok. the sound reduced for know but still it is making it a little esspecially on idle. did your problem is fixed by changing the timing belt. my car is going very well but the sound seem there is a problem. maybe the rocker arms maybe the valves . i want to ask you can it be from the camsaft pulley this is another suspicion

mps aero
to be honest im not that knowledgable about engines just a basic knowlege. its just my car is making a simular noiseand the garage said its nt the actual timeing belt but something in that region. il just have 2 let u know if i gt the problem fixed. il gt u a detaild description frm the garage

mps aero
infact im pretty sure thats what the renault guy said. he said alot v stuff that dint make a gr8 deal v sence 2 me n i just picked out the bits i thort relavent lol