ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A treat for the RB 182- MOT passed too!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Took car into my Honda dealer on Saturday am to get some work priced up from them.
They said it was booked in for the MOT too!!! :eek:
I had been told by Renault that work needed doing so had 3 weeks to get it done before the current MOT expired, this was the reason for the visit.

Left it with them, couple of hours later and it had passed - couple of niggles,
1. headlight aim too low
2. rear number plate bulb out
advisory on pinhole in outer cv boot , other than that its good. :)

Adjusted f.o.c and only charged me £35 for the MOT under the Honda Happiness plan. :approve:

Weekly wash was topped up with a full coat of Jeffs Werkstatt Acrylic Sealant and wheels/tyres properly cleaned and dressed. :cool:
The old girl doesnt look bad.

DSC_0523.gif

DSC_0530.gif

DSC_0535.gif

DSC_0514.gif

DSC_0541.gif

DSC_0515.gif

Now thats what I call clean.

DSC_0542.gif

Hope all you guys out there approve.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
nice and clean what do you use on youre tyres m8 and does it last the shine i ean thanks.

Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel
Apply with a foam pad - it can sling a bit when you start driving around if you put too much on, just try and let it dry overnight before going out in the car or you'll be wiping the sills and doors down when you get back in.

Its good stuff, and lasts ok.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I love this colour, absolutely favorite one.
shame the pea shooter :D joke

I've gone down the route of stainless exhausts when I had the 172, and I regretted it, so this one stays! :approve:
Just the right balance tbh, and its the mrs's car, so getting mods on it is a no-no. ;)

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Cheers fellas. :approve:

Love this car. Yeah mrs doesnt grumble at all about me being outside cleaning it for hours on end. :eek:

She looks after it properly too, parks it away from the masses when out and about too to avoid dings.;)

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Just weighing up whether or not to go the whole hog and give this a full machine polish over Easter.
It was done back end of last summer and tbh still looks swirl free.

Needs a bit of a clay at bottom of sills, but nothing major.
Might just hook machine up for sake of a couple of hours and go with a mild polish like Dodo Juice Lime Prime.
Top up with 2x Jeffs, then 2x Raceglaze '55'.
Will be bulletproof til end of summer then. :D

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Looks well shinny :D.

:)

Best looking car I've had to date. Attracts a lot of admiring glances when out.
Service in a couple of weeks time £135 at Renault and £150 of maintenance work should hopefully have everything 100% again.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Just been serviced at Renault.
Got a decent price of £130 all in.

CV Boot didnt get replaced because the inner cv boot is leaking and once all apart they have said a new n/s driveshaft is required.
Quoted me 'normal' price to start with and after a little haggling got it down to £135 fitted if I can wait for the driveshaft being delivered with one of their stock orders.

I can wait lol. :approve:

PS, does anyone have a 172 or 182 that has a fully functional Hazard Warning Button!!! My 172 broke, or should we say, worked intermittently, the 182 sticks now and again and the lady who works in service has a 182 and her hazard button doesnt work. :dapprove:

Chucked a little bit of money at the car over the last couple of months, but hoping once this is done it'll be good til next year.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
And I didnt realise the service intervals on the 182 were 12k miles or 24 months. (could have waited another 3k miles:rolleyes:)
172 was every 12months, though it does short(ish) journeys, so the 12 months I'm happy with tbh.

Fresh oil etc. Just need to pop a new air filter in as they didnt do it in the service.