ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A trip to Germany

182 Trophy
I recently purchased a 182 trophy as a weekend toy after previously owning a 182 cup and a 200. In a couple of weeks I'm heading down to nurburg for the 24 hour endurance race. Would love to go around the ring but I have my doubts it will be open to the public. Anyways the Trophy came with just a Scorpion back box, no cat or centre silencer. My question is what are the Germans like with cars without a cat? Ideally I'll pop on a standard cat for the trip but it didn't come with the sale of the car. In addition to this it has a straight through pip replacing where the cat and centre section should be meaning I will also need a scorpion centre section, but no one seems to be selling this separately. Any suggestions?!?!

Thanks

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ive always taken modified cars to germany with no problems.

In fact only time I have ever had any drama was trying to get this through french customs, I had to wait for a copper from england to come to france and say it was ok!

DSC_1956.jpg

25th June, is next time it is open at the ring for cars to do tourist laps, so depends how long you want to hang around?

182 Trophy
Ive always taken modified cars to germany with no problems.

In fact only time I have ever had any drama was trying to get this through french customs, I had to wait for a copper from england to come to france and say it was ok!

DSC_1956.jpg

25th June, is next time it is open at the ring for cars to do tourist laps, so depends how long you want to hang around?

Well if you can make it there with that I reckon ill be ok!!!

thanks for the reply.

BG182 FF
German Police doesnt like cars without cat. But you are a visitor so I think it doesnt matter :)

I took an impreza out there last year, had a bit if a to-do on the track and I ended up splitting the down pipe just before the cat.

Anyway the exhaust had completely separated, despite numerous attempts to fix it the car ended up being limped home with no exhaust from the down pipe back.

I had no police related issues, this could have been pure luck, I have no idea. But I can confirm I had no trouble, despite the rest of the exhaust being ratchet strapped to the roof.

Enjoy Germany, I loved it.

Renault Clio 182 BG
As said its the French ive had bother with. Depending on which route your going (dover or hull) But ive never had bother with German police.

Out of interest where you staying?

i did not see one police car all the way there tbh, we got off the tunnel at calais then went along E40 almost all the way

i would not worry to much, just be sensible, and take ear defenders

182 manifold decat and yozza system, i cant hear stuff anymore

61B75DCF-88D6-41B1-9D5F-A4D9BD03729E_zpskx261dfv.jpg

182 Trophy
As said its the French ive had bother with. Depending on which route your going (dover or hull) But ive never had bother with German police.

Out of interest where you staying?

Not to sure where we will be staying yet. Camping on site for a week. Usually do the trip to Le Mans each year but fancied something different. Are you heading down or have you been before for the 24hour race?

Not to sure where we will be staying yet. Camping on site for a week. Usually do the trip to Le Mans each year but fancied something different. Are you heading down or have you been before for the 24hour race?

When I went out I camped pretty much on top of the ring in a site just around the corner, it was sign posted which is the only reason I found it. Owned by a really friendly guy, was into his endurance bikes and we had a nice chat. Had good facilities there and the people on the site were courteous. Paid around €5 a night I think it was.

I will try and find what the name of it was. Was not far from the Tankstelle Döttinger Höhe (main petrol station I think that is).

Renault Clio 182 BG

I was supposed to have been twice already but bloody work has got in the way :/ With changing jobs and starting a college again ive had to cancel 3 holidays so far. Not booked to go to Nurburg till July now
A friend lives around 1 km from the 'ring so real good for last minute booking, would love to do camping one time though.

Ive heard that this year is the last Rock am Ring?

CPH

RB Clio 182 Cup
Go there 5 times a year. You will be fine with a decat. The static db test is something ridiculous like 120, and they will only pull you if it sounds stupid loud, which it won't.

dont sweat it at all...