ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aagghh! Brakes...

Abarth 500

My lovely little trouble free Cup *cough* went in for its 24K service yesterday and I have been advised that the brake compensator valve is missing and so needs to be booked in urgently for a warranty job.

I believe problem has occured for spme people before but I just wanted to know if anyone has any advice and any safety implications of driving it until it gets fixed (including a track day next week!)

Abarth 500

I dunno??!! All I know is that its called a brake compensator valve.

They said its fine to drive around with but that it needs to be booked in to be done...

I had a feeling that this has come up before and a 172 has it and a 172 Cup doesnt but want to check with the real experts and not Renault!!

Mr2 Roadster

If its the bar at the back just in front of the rear wheels then its a deffo NO-NO.

Someone even wrote to Renault about this and our guys here who work for Renault confirmed.

Check thats the part then laugh at them!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye, It looks like there should be something there... but there shouldnt if you have a Cup, only the 172s etc shoudl have it.