ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aarrggghhh!

Cars back in the dealers again today for the secind time in a month for the same fault. They replaced all the pulleys etc and accessory belt the last time because they thought that was what was causing the funny/horrible squeaky grinding noise. Worked fine for a month and then it came back again. They dont know what it is so they need the car for at least 3 days to be able to strip it all down!!! To make things worse they have given me , after much jumping up and down, one of those new horrible shape meganes as a courtesy car. Yuck its like driving a bus!

320d M Sport

mines going in for 3 days as they reckon the cars got a slight oil leak and they reckon its near the cambelt! know how u feel mate!!

Towser,

were the pulleys etc on the cambelt or the accessory belt ? I had the cambelt pulleys etc done for the grinding noise and that sorted it. However recently a tensioner collapsed on my accesory belt and thats all just been replaced too including the alternator !

I recall several people with Mk1s seem to have had trouble with this part of the engine !

we see you Towser.................shakin that ass...............shakin that ass..................... shakin that ass................... he he he he :)

Yeah been driving the big assed bus about! God its ugly. Jonathan the answer to your question is Im not really sure! The noise was coming from the left side of the engine as you look at it from the front and Im sure the woman on the desk in the garage said accesory belt the last time it was in. Not heard from them today but when I get it back will ask them exactly what theyve done.

Give the megane to me then!!! I love them, Will prob get hammered now but I love them,

Although for me I had a 1.6 megane as courtesy car for my 1.2 clio so big step up as opposed to step down for you.

Hope gets sorted ok