ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abandoned V6

An orange one
This car is literally 1 mile from my house, when I was going around in my old Black Gold V6 circa 2007 it was driven and always clean. It's been sitting dumped for basically 6 years. Engine covers are nowhere to be seen and its paintwork is wrecked, looks like something's been poured over the roof and rear 1/4 panels.

I parked up tonight and decided to sneakily get some pics...

F3F4773B-ADB8-412A-8736-4B39FFFB17C3_zps3bc3hrxq.jpg

B2D4C6D9-41E6-45F2-BF1F-EBAB41E6C6A9_zpsginxxven.jpg

525DF876-0937-4644-9524-0B46FC5D7564_zpsux8ugi8e.jpg

Going to try and get some more in detail pics at the weekend.

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
That is a huge shame!! Even If it is a PH1 it needs restoring. If I had the money i'd do it

An orange one
Lol great plan mate!

i can honestly see it being an uneconomical repair though, if there's no engine covers alone that can be a couple of grand, I wonder if the undertrays are present, the interior will be mouldy, re spray, wheels refurbed, new tyres, new brakes, remove engine, do cambelt and clutch, water pump and service,

Its basically sad to say but it's not worth doing unless you got the car for say £2-3k

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Look at the gaff though - I wonder if this is an ill-gotten gain and the "owner" is currently residing where windows have bars?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Lol great plan mate!

i can honestly see it being an uneconomical repair though, if there's no engine covers alone that can be a couple of grand, I wonder if the undertrays are present, the interior will be mouldy, re spray, wheels refurbed, new tyres, new brakes, remove engine, do cambelt and clutch, water pump and service,

Its basically sad to say but it's not worth doing unless you got the car for say £2-3k

Or just take it to the polish for a clean, buy an old laguna v6 for the engine transplant & drive it like it was meant to be driven?

And i dont mean into a hedge backwards ;)

work for BMW
Wow quite baffling how someone could abandon such a car, must have more money than sense

An orange one
Look at the gaff though - I wonder if this is an ill-gotten gain and the "owner" is currently residing where windows have bars?

Nope, the fire was on and smoke was belching out of the chimney so he's definately there.

FF Artic 182
Wow quite baffling how someone could abandon such a car, must have more money than sense

If the owner had sense but no money they would have sold it.
If money but no sense it would of been crashed backwards through a hedge by now.

So owner has no money and less sense. IMO

Audi A5
I don't know what's more mad, his 16k price tag, the fact he's left it their for 6 years to rot, or the engine cover price.