ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abarth Punto Esseesse - Autobrite Renew - Mini detail

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Evening all,
Had a chance today to finially detail the abarth. The intention was to do a full correctional machine polish however time isn't on my side so decided to try Autobrite renew one step enhancement polish.
The car was first washed, decontaminated and clayed. I used a rotary buffer and a medium density pad followed by Autobrite ultraslick sealant.
Shame I didn't take any before shots as there is a noticeable difference, didn't really expect much from a one step polish that cost £4 but it's actually quite impressive. Reduced the heavier swirling and gave the paint a nice wet look. Upon looking at the paint under a strong light there is still swirling and a slight hazing from the buffer but you cant expect the world I suppose.
DSC_0056.JPG
DSC_0055.JPG
DSC_0054.JPG

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looks amazing! My abarth grande punto is one of the cars I regret letting go! (And I’ve had many!!) Mine wasn’t the esseesse like yours though, but was the same colour.

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Looks amazing! My abarth grande punto is one of the cars I regret letting go! (And I’ve had many!!) Mine wasn’t the esseesse like yours though, but was the same colour.
Il be sure to message you first if I sell up then! [emoji1787]

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
That looks like a lovely example, I've been sorting out ours the last couple of days too, it was more of a cream colour than white to start with, did you find the boot covered in tar and iron fillings? Seems to be a hot spot, not sure where ours was kept previously but I had to do multiple hits of iron remover over the doors and boot, it was terrible!

Attachments

• IMG_20200327_180045.jpg
    IMG_20200327_180045.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20200327_161411.jpg
    IMG_20200327_161411.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20200327_161342.jpg
    IMG_20200327_161342.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 56

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
That looks like a lovely example, I've been sorting out ours the last couple of days too, it was more of a cream colour than white to start with, did you find the boot covered in tar and iron fillings? Seems to be a hot spot, not sure where ours was kept previously but I had to do multiple hits of iron remover over the doors and boot, it was terrible!

Why thank you, as does yours! Really like them in white, don't see many Abarth Puntos in white, is yours an Esseesse also?
Bootlid and the bottoms of the rear arches were caked on mine, in all honesty though the entire car was coated. Took a heavy coating and some agitation with autofinesse iron out to get it somewhat presentable and a good going over with clay to get it back to a smooth tar free finish. Only problem I'm now left with is some hazing from the polish that I haven't noticed until we have had these last few sunny days

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Why thank you, as does yours! Really like them in white, don't see many Abarth Puntos in white, is yours an Esseesse also?
Bootlid and the bottoms of the rear arches were caked on mine, in all honesty though the entire car was coated. Took a heavy coating and some agitation with autofinesse iron out to get it somewhat presentable and a good going over with clay to get it back to a smooth tar free finish. Only problem I'm now left with is some hazing from the polish that I haven't noticed until we have had these last few sunny days

Ours (well my girlfriends) is a bit of freak, it isn't a real one so to speak, it is full essesse spec though and has a Tune4performance map on it, I have a thread from when we first bought it here:
https://cliosport.net/threads/thought-i-would-try-a-bit-of-italian.813675/#post-11515290

At least it wasn't just me with the decon stage then! I still need to finish glazing and waxing ours, ran out of time then the weather has been against me since!

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Ours (well my girlfriends) is a bit of freak, it isn't a real one so to speak, it is full essesse spec though and has a Tune4performance map on it, I have a thread from when we first bought it here:
https://cliosport.net/threads/thought-i-would-try-a-bit-of-italian.813675/#post-11515290

At least it wasn't just me with the decon stage then! I still need to finish glazing and waxing ours, ran out of time then the weather has been against me since!

I wouldn't say a freak, I would say unique! Only 23 Abarth Esseesse's on the road, but only one Fiat Esseesse😉 Just had a read through, I have noticed myself that the Abarth community isn't very forthcoming or welcoming, I've had more helpful advise about my abarth here. The specification of yours is perfect! It's the same as mine but you have the pan roof and those sabelttssssss!!! I have the full leather buckets instead, equally as rare but they just aren't those sabelts! I noticed in your post you said you've got some spares, don't suppose you would consider letting anything go? I'm always after bits providing I haven't already got them