ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS kicking in early anyone?

Clio 1.4, SV650S
My ABS has been kicking in early for about 2 years, recently it was kicking in when braking really gently and it was getting annoying. a few yellow warning lights started coming up too in the last week. finally bit the bulllet and had it hooked up to diagnostics...

"Intermittant N/S sensor fault"... which on further investigation turned out to be a cracked ABS sensor ring on the driveshaft. why they couldn't have had a look before i dont know. on the service etc?????

Solution: New driveshaft! £370 parts labour.

i've heard a few people comment on the ABS, it might be worth a look. as before when i asked at the renault garage they said things like "they all do it" and "never heard of that before", "it'll be £70 to plug the clip in, i can't possibly speculate", "we didnt see anything unusual" etc so i let it go.

anyway, got to the bottom of it in the end. :)

I had the same problem, cracked rings. The garage only replace the rings though not the driveshafts. £128 for the pair to be replaced. They did say that the driveshafts were heavily pitted + if the rings cracked again they would need replacing. Perhaps yours was in worse condition than mine.