ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS kicking in when braking gently from low speeds..

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my ABS, it cuts in under low speed braking i.e. pulling up to a stop at traffic lights in town from 20 to 30 mph.

The brakes work fine under other driving conditions, I have recently replaced the front discs and pads (brembo hc discs and ferodo ds2500 pads).

I have some brake squeal under gentle braking but I've heard this is normal for these type of pad.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great!

Cheers

Dan

Dodgy one
Be prepared to get your hands dirty, Its a cracked ABS ring. Cheap and quick fix mind.

think it took me about an hour

Dodgy one
Couple of quid, Renault dont do them on their own so ebays your best bet unless youve an old set of disks lying round then you could get one off there!

Its behing the disk, need to pull the shaft out of the hub and tap the ring off and new one on, Check how many teeth are on yours though theres two variants.