ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS Light

BMW X5

Hi ya people.

Have done a search before u say!

Have jus completed a long motorway journey an wen i came off the motorway all of a sudden im getting the serv and ABS light on.

I turned off the engine straight away then back on and my break pedal was thumping.

I turned the car off agian then back on and did it again, but jus kept driving and the light just went off after 5 mins. Then 30 mins later came back on.

Anyone know what this could be please?

Its a 1.2 Authentique (new shape!)

Dave

BMW X5

Will this be covered under warranty fella? And will it matter that...

a: Ive got aftermkt alloys on the beast?

b: Ive had breaks changed (pads) by someone other than renault?

Dave
p.s. is it ok to drive with that problem?

[Edited by dwj100uni on 23 January 2005 at 3:37pm]

Depends if they used standard pads or not, they could argue that the wheels have caused extra pressure on them or something. Really would depend on the dealer.

BMW X5

Rite, jus been into Renault Brum and got it booked in for weds.

They said that if the light doesnt come on while theyre testing it theyll charge £81 for the privelage???

Ive also got the car booked in cause the seat mount has come loose.

Can i not say that.....if the light does notcome on....it still had to come in cuase of the dodgy mouynt and therefore, i shouldnt have to pay for it really?

Would really appreciate some advice,

Cheers

Dave