ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS Problems

Was driving home last night in the snow, and the abs cut in a couple of times. Sounds very strange though, hard to explain but kinda like a musical string being plucked, but much more like metal (if that makes any sense).

Anyway, just before i get home, the abs and SERV lights come on and dash, and the abs then stopped working. Switched the car off, started the engine again and lights went off / abs worked.

Is this something I need to get looked at??

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
ShaunR16v said:
Was driving home last night in the snow, and the abs cut in a couple of times. Sounds very strange though, hard to explain but kinda like a musical string being plucked, but much more like metal (if that makes any sense).

Anyway, just before i get home, the abs and SERV lights come on and dash, and the abs then stopped working. Switched the car off, started the engine again and lights went off / abs worked.

Is this something I need to get looked at??

Its just the snow m8 . They car thinks its skiddin . Nothing to worry about , i always get it when i dare to venture out in the snow . My 172 won't go anywhere in the deep snow and i live up the top of a very steep hill :(

MrBillyUK !

So is the noise normal then? Had abs on a few other cars (none Renaults mind) and never had anything like this.

Does the fact that the SERV light and abs light didn't come on after i re-started the engine mean that it shouldn't need looking at?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
ShaunR16v said:
So is the noise normal then? Had abs on a few other cars (none Renaults mind) and never had anything like this.

Does the fact that the SERV light and abs light didn't come on after i re-started the engine mean that it shouldn't need looking at?

I wouldn't worry about it . I've had the abs light on a few times in snow , had the same in my Pug 306 S16 . Only worry if its on when your drivin' on clear roads , then you've gotta problem .

MrBillyUK !

COuld be snow or ice getting in between the sensors on the wheels and blocking/interupting the signal.