ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS / Reluctor ring fitting

A well built VW
Mines are gubbed and need replaced I want to have a go at it myself but have never done it before anyone got any advice ?

I have had a look and it looks mostly like bolts that need undoing to remove hub carrier (if thats what you call it) What size is the nut in the middle of the disc/hub at end of driveshaft and does it need to be a certain torque ?

Thanks

alien green rs133
30mm and its tight

the abs ring needs to be tapped on very slowly with a hammer (and i use a wide chisel)

make sure you get right number off teeth
iirc there is a choice between 26 and 48 :S

A well built VW
Cheers Hutchie i have already counted and its got 26 teeth well one has the other only has 25 lol

Had been told to chuck it in the oven for 15 mins at max then pop it on piece of piss allegedly hammer sounds much easier could use one of the old ones to help tap it in place to prevent damage i suppose

alien green rs133
just the ring i think, and yeah having a hot ring makes it alot easier tbh
i just never have time at work :D

A well built VW
Daniel just the ring that sits on the shaft behind the suspension leg

Hot ring at work = not much work getting done lol

A well built VW
Phoned up a few garages for prices but no-one has ever done one and cannot therefore give me a price looks like ill have to do it myself fingers crossed lol