ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS sensors costs?

After a lot of different setups Im going back to standard. But of course I have no abs sensors nor the pump or lines so am wondering about sorting the sensors as they seem to cost loads. Are they cheap ones okay? Getting front/rear hubs from someone breaking with them intact?? Its a 182 ff btw.

monaco 172
After a lot of different setups Im going back to standard. But of course I have no abs sensors nor the pump or lines so am wondering about sorting the sensors as they seem to cost loads. Are they cheap ones okay? Getting front/rear hubs from someone breaking with them intact?? Its a 182 ff btw.
Nope, cheapest ones I found that fit are made by a company called triscan and are about 50 quid each

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Guys at Birchdown fitted some for me that where £40 each, not sure on the name but part number is CAMVE701091

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
1578170468806.png

1578170486429.png

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Triscan for rears are £40 ish and Bosch fronts are £30 each on eBay.

Just replaced a right rear and front left on mine.

Just ordered them. Nearly have all the parts now, waiting on some brake line and trying to decide about the mc, new on or rebuild, new one £££ or rebuild £ Possibility that rebuild = :poop:

Rear abs sensors ordered again. Someone threw them away, money straight down the drain. Im not the one paying again but its soul destroying, the price doesnt matter if It was a box of fresh doughnuts Id feel the same way, waste is waste..

monaco 172
Who is they?

The wife?

Happened to me a while back with some camber bolts I'd got saved in the spare bedroom

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Triscan for rears are £40 ish and Bosch fronts are £30 each on eBay.

Just replaced a right rear and front left on mine.

I don't suppose you've got a link to the bosch part number for the front?

I've just tried to fit one of these and it is definitely not the right one.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I don't suppose you've got a link to the bosch part number for the front?

I've just tried to fit one of these and it is definitely not the right one.

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Are both fronts the same ? They aren't sided or anything ?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
If you are looking for rear ABS sensors for the 182FF /cup / 182 Trophy these are no longer made and can be a pain to get correct.
You are looking at around £50/75 for a rear ABS sensor.

K-Tec sell the correct version but so do some people on ebay.

OE Part Numbers are -

6000073528 - Right Side
6000073527 - Left Side

TriScan fit 100% and I have used them on the trophy.
Here is the details for the Tri scan with cross Ref also below them.

Brand - Triscan
Part number - 8180 25205
Cable Length - [mm]810
Fitting Depth - [mm]41.5
Number of Poles - 2
Fitting Position - Rear Axle
Fitting Position - Left

A.B.S.: 30407
ATE: 24.0741-1129.1
Herth+buss Jakoparts: J5933011
Kawe: 818025205
NK: 293938

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brand - Triscan
Part number - 8180 25204
Cable Length - [mm]1655
Fitting Depth - [mm]41.5
Number of Poles - 2
Fitting Position - Rear Axle
Fitting Position - Right

A.B.S.: 30408
Herth+buss Jakoparts: J5923011
Kawe: 818025204
NK: 293939
TRW: GBS2126

Why you going back to standard m8 what's the problem you've got?

In terms of problems Ive had to keep re bleeding the system for a while now, possible master cylinder fault or rear caliper or both. But Im just tired of having to feather the brakes more so they dont lock up, abs makes one less thing to worry about. I didnt swap out a mc because I 'knew' I was going to be fitting a pedal box, but the reality its just too much to do right now because I cant weld going back and forth to a garage is just extra cost I dont want to have to dish out.

I was going to make a post on your thread funnily enough to see how the builds going?

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Well if you are locking up surely it's either crap tyres or your brake pads are too keen? With mine I have fitted all new lines from proline with bias valve, cup MC and I overhauled the servo. Front brake were refurbished by Biggredcalipers so they are mint and rears I just gave a good service, new bleed nipples and what not. Could be as simple as a good caliper service? Or tired brake pipes?

I'll have a look at my thread later and update it, nothing much happening atm, it's cold outside... I dont like getting cold

Well if you are locking up surely it's either crap tyres or your brake pads are too keen? With mine I have fitted all new lines from proline with bias valve, cup MC and I overhauled the servo. Front brake were refurbished by Biggredcalipers so they are mint and rears I just gave a good service, new bleed nipples and what not. Could be as simple as a good caliper service? Or tired brake pipes?

I'll have a look at my thread later and update it, nothing much happening atm, it's cold outside... I dont like getting cold

On ad08rs up front, before that a048. Pads are ds1.11. The pedal travel is so short when bled up there is about 5-10mm between light braking and fully locking up. The pedal then overtime has that similar short travel when the brakes engage, but it happens some 30-40mm further, so you put your foot on the brake, nothing happens or you can hear the pads clunk instantly, they lose pressure, then you keep pressing until it gets hard again, its just light up till that point. Ive checked everywhere and the only thing I can find is the master cylinder possibly leaking and the seals are faulty. I read that this can be the caused by a rear caliper, so Ive got a rebuild kit for them to rule that out, though Im still going to be fitting the abs even if I knew it was only a rear caliper, I kinda want to be lazy and just mash the pedal without thought :ROFLMAO:

Yes being south of the thames can be a bit crap sometimes, theres not many decent roads to get out of the area then you have london so going north takes way longer! Thanks though!

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Obviously the 2 port has far bigger pipes which plumb into the abs pump maybe that could be a reason why they lock up quick? Then theres a leak somewhere which you then lose pressure ?

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
I personally wouldnt go back to abs now, I felt like it made the vehicle unstable under heavy braking. I would put a day aside with new mc seals, your capiler service kits and if you aren't already on braided, maybe fit them front to rear with the bais valve. Check that your mc is sealing to the servo correctly aswell. Bleed it all up and try again

I dont really want to change my mind now lol. Abs loom back in and have ordered everything that I didnt have anymore (everything apart from the loom) o_O

I know it was reliable for me when I had it and Ive absorbed enough brake fluid for more tests lol

IMG_5784.JPG