ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abs Serv Light on after hitting curb?

clio 1.2
Hi All, the Mrs hit a curb quite hard the other day and wrecked the alloy wheel, when taking the wheel off i notice severe play from the who hub/disc section (im not very good at this!) and now my abs and Serv light is on, its a 2002 1.2 clio Expression, any help would be great

TIA JAmes

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
abs sensor broke/snapped? -if so, easy fix.

as regards your hub :S get it checked out, wouldnt let the mrs drive it just in case :nono:

clio 1.2
sensor looks fine, looks like its had a repair before as theres tape wrapped round it, forgot to add, ive no speedo>?

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
not ur lucky day hey, the speedo too :( . It just seems abit of a coinsidence that its taped up and ur light has come on, maybe unwrap the tape and double check the connection? ur speedo takes readings from your abs sensor therefore will not work :)

BMW M135i
If no speedo then its defiently going to be one of the abs rings/sensors as thats there the speedo picks the speed pulse up from. How much play is there in the hub? Enough to move the ABS ring out of alignment with the sensor?

clio 1.2
the abs rings on both sides look fine, but yes i reckon i can move the hub too and forth about an 1" meaning that the ring and sensor are out of alignment. i removed the tape and the repair looks fine.