ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Access To Back Of Head Unit?

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
Guys,

How easy is it to get to the back of the cd stereo/head unit, as I want to feed something round the back there?
I've fitted a new after market Alpine HU and simply want to run a USB Lead from the back of the HU, below the steering column.

After minutes of crouching and looking with a torch in the light, it seems impossible to get through.

I've got a 2003 1.6. Is there a gap as standard? I can't think for a minute it will be completely enclosed?

Thanks,

Pete.

Da

Less
It's not fully enclosed no, just follow the aerial as that goes up the drivers A pillar.

Ah ok, cool.

Where does it run from, below the steering column just above the pedals etc?
I wanna feed it through there but keep getting stuck.

Did you use anything special?

Thanks.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Grande
just stick your hand down the back and follow wires lol see where they lead to, there is a gap.

I forgot to mention it's got aircon with the climatey control adjust thing, where you can set the temperature and it auto adjusts.

Is that why it seems so enclosed?

I just had a look with the torch, I honestly cannot get anywhere near it from the left, right or behind. I've not got massive hands and all I can feel is foam from each direction. The torch definitely shows it all very enclosed with ABS type plastic mould.