ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accident Reapair Estimate

307 hdi (powered by derv)
My car is currently away at the repairs waiting to be viewed by the enginer.

Can anyone in the know gauge a cost for the following to be reapired or will they write it off?

Parts to be replaced:
-front fog & surroung
-top grill
-bottom grill
-radiator
-number plate
-cv gaitor o/s
-3x tyres
-new alloy
-new cat back exhuast
-new rear beam
-rear cluster
-arch linings all round and undercar covers

parts to be reparied:
- respray front and rear bumpers
-hole size of 50p in arch
-cill damaged
-tracking
-lump in rear footwell, to be beaten out

Anyone have a guess. I have got it too about £2k just for genuine renault parts.

Thanks
Shaw

mine has more damage than that including chassis damage and its not a write off. ive spent 1000 on parts so far. bonnet, two wings, front bumper, headlight, grill, and a couple of peices of metalwork. still got to get a windscreen, chassis leg repaired and some respraying though lol

lol uninsured driver pulled out and hit me, another bloody clio too. so im claiming through my legal cover but wont see any money till nxt year at least so gta bare the costs myself rite now

i spun on corner and lost the back end. three was 3 accidents all on the same corner that weekend so there must of been some spiliage on the road.

went backwards into hedge and then went front ways,lol.

clioman said:
My car is currently away at the repairs waiting to be viewed by the enginer.

Can anyone in the know gauge a cost for the following to be reapired or will they write it off?

Parts to be replaced:
-front fog & surroung £100
-top grill £100
-bottom grill £100
-radiator £190
-number plate £10
-cv gaitor o/s Forget it new shaft £70 not worth fixing an old CV joint
-3x tyres £180
-new alloy £130
-new cat back exhuast £200
-new rear beam £700 list price last time I looekd might have changed though.
-rear cluster £100
-arch linings all round and undercar covers £100
Mine was close to a write off with a lot less than that. When they check the measuremtn out they might fine the chassic is bent in which case its a write off as its not worth trying to bend it back when you start adding other costs into it.

Excluding the extra bits you listed I've put the price I'd recon I'd say assuming your car has no special high price its a write off.

If tracking out there loads of possible reaosn why might just be new ball joint £50 might be ball joint wishbone and subframe so £400 might be the chassic has takena hit so thats not worth it realy

ifigureditout said:
i wouldnt necesserally say it is a write off. with my chassis work mines still not a write off
Mine was very close at under 1 year old and all it needed was front and rear suspension/axles doing and respay plus bonnet and bumper/wing.
I'm amazed your isn't.

think to be honest they overvalued my car. i paid 3600 and insurers valued it at 4200 so not a write off. awful close and i wish it was now cos it aint half a hastle fixing it up bit by bit and buying all the parts

Hopefully I will find the outcome of my car tomorrow. The enginer from insurance company went out this week so should have his report by now. Will let you all know tomorrow.