ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accident

mannnnn bet thast gutting pal was quite a tidy car aswell if you ask me :/ glad ur alright though hope ya find another lil minter :)

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
yeah i did chris!

was a mint cup like low as miles running well!

Ouch !!!

I hope you get it sorted outsoon and as everyone said, it could have been worse.

Whos you insured with ?

And have they been ok ?

Golf GT TDI
sorry to see this. least you didnt get hit in the drivers door!

end of the day its only a renault clio, your life is worth more

Mini Cooper S sport
Ahh gutted to see a mint car smashed up. Least you're relatively OK though.

Why would they consider it your fault? I thought if he hit you, it would be his fault. I guess it's not as cut and dried as that.

Bad job that mate. Could have been a lot worse though. Really, its only metal at the end of the day...as annoying and frustrating as it is, you were able to walk away

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I was entering onto a 40mph road, its a bad junction but im my opinion he was speeding and from what i remember of it I am sure his head was towards his passenger, there are no skid marks to him trying to stop so I imagine I pretty much got hit at what ever speed he was doing which spun me round.

Because I was pretty shaken up when the police were asking what happened your head aint thinking about looking for skid marks etc, and because i was entering his road and I have no witnesses to say he was speeding they say blame will be on my side although i wont be admitting any blame!

He was driving a seat cupra, his car doesnt look overly bad but tbh I wasnt concerned about it lol.

Da

Less
I think, but don't quote me on this, it will go as his fault due to the area you were hit. I always thought that if you were entering a main road and got hit anywhere behind the front doors then it went as the other drivers fault? As in he should have had time to react with how far you entered the carriageway.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
i am just going by the traffic cops response, but I need to wait on ins opening on Monday to speak with them as its only a 24 hour centre that stores the details and passes them on when they open.

1.2 clio
u say speeding wot was the speed limit down that road ??? if it was 30mph i think if the police had any common sence u could c that the seat wasnt goin 30 due to the ammount of dammage done. glad everyone was ok!!!!!

Mini Cooper S sport
I think, but don't quote me on this, it will go as his fault due to the area you were hit. I always thought that if you were entering a main road and got hit anywhere behind the front doors then it went as the other drivers fault? As in he should have had time to react with how far you entered the carriageway.

Well that's what I was thinking.

Surely the other guy should have been slowing down to allow for the corner - and clearly didn't.

Let us know how it goes.

Clio 182 arctic
i dont agree, if someone pulls out a junction for instance 15-20yards infront of u and they pull out fast enough to get that far across. you still wouldnt have had time to stop.

Westy. MX5

Definitely NO!

Sorry for you though Gaz85.:(

Skoda fabia Vrs
Drove by the junction twice yesterday mate and didnt see any skid marks at all!! Seen sand down on the road from where oil/fuel leaked out one of the cars

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
aye there are none mate, lets hope ins wont be too harsh to get another rs!

Sorry to hear mate. That was an absolute minter too. :(

Have a quick look at this:
http://www.accident-claim-expert.co.uk/en/road-accident/car-accident-claim.html

Would probably be worth a try at fighting it, if you can hold out? But it will take yonks to get sorted. You know what these insurance companies are like!
From what I understand you have to show that matey boy in the seat was negligent, i.e. not paying attention to his surroundings to make sure no one else is coming.
But... not quite sure how you are going to prove that. Claim psychological harm??!

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
F*ck me Gaz, gutted for you pal, it was coming on nicely too!!

aye it was son! had actually been speaking to ballsie about getting detailed and was gonna give you a shout! oh well lol.

The next one will just have to be better!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just replying to your pm mate.

Gutted for you. Yopu always think afterwards if only I hadn't have pulled out! :(

Of course it's a shame but you would never get the other guy to ake fault or convince the police without solid witnesses.

One of those things, hopefully I can help you get at least a decent settlement for the car aswell.

Don't worry about the suspension believe me, make sure it doesn't have a cone air filter or anything tho.

Everything is standard on your car! ;) As far as you're concerned! :)

Oil Burner
I was entering onto a 40mph road, its a bad junction but im my opinion he was speeding and from what i remember of it I am sure his head was towards his passenger, there are no skid marks to him trying to stop so I imagine I pretty much got hit at what ever speed he was doing which spun me round.

Because I was pretty shaken up when the police were asking what happened your head aint thinking about looking for skid marks etc, and because i was entering his road and I have no witnesses to say he was speeding they say blame will be on my side although i wont be admitting any blame!

He was driving a seat cupra, his car doesnt look overly bad but tbh I wasnt concerned about it lol.

He was speeding and looking at his passenger so you pulled out infront of him?

If thats right ^, i wouldn't use that defence with your insurer.

Bad times though, hope you get a new car sorted soon.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
He was speeding and looking at his passenger so you pulled out infront of him?

If thats right ^, i wouldn't use that defence with your insurer.

Bad times though, hope you get a new car sorted soon.

not quite.

The junction is really bad and you cant see all the way round, I have lived here for 24 years so know when to pull out and not, he was not in sight at all when i pulled out hence my "speeding" comment, and when I seen him his head was towards the passenger. Anyways I have no witness to that effect and I was pulling out onto the main road.

Hopefully insurance wont be too dear and I can get something half decent!