ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adam1's RB 182 cup

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Hey i thought i would make up a progress thread. i wasnt really going to bother as i didnt expect to get much done to it and thought it would just be pointless but hey im bored today and feel like maybe a progress thread wont hurt.
so i bought it mid april after waiting months to come up with the cash and find a decent low milage 182 in the Racing blue that i really wanted.
it came completely standard, First thing was to get it looking even more tidy as the previous owner obviously wasnt as fussy as me when it came to cleaning so i set about giving it a machine polish and removing as many swirls as i can (not many) :eek: and give it all a very thorough clean and in the end up i was very pleased with the results.
Next up was closing the big arch gap that was really bugging me. i loved how the car handled before so didnt want to go down the hardcore coilover route so just went for vmaxx which are a basic road setup and they seem spot on for what i wanted. except for a few niggles but should all be sorted soon hopefully. the exhaust was then found to be hanging abit low so 2 new brand new rear exahust mounts from k-tec and jobs a gooden :D
when i bought the car it had 2 toyo proxies on the front and 1 pe2 on the rear and a kumho tyre so after the fronts had just about worn i decided to get all 4 replaced and opted for the hankook v12 which get alot of good reviews on here, At first i wasnt to keen but after i put the correct pressures in they where fine and now its much better.
after getting these fitted i thought it was about time i got the geometry setup as i didnt want the tyres being scrubbed up if it was far out. so i went down to jam-sport as there local and had the height set so it was all level and the alignment done, After this i took it for a proper blast and so far it seems brilliant i must say i absolutely love everything about the car at the minute. So here are 2 snaps i took on one of my drives i hope you like.
6014587714_5d8ec17676_z.jpg

clean by Adam1182, on Flickr
6014589970_eca31dc262_z.jpg

clean 2 by Adam1182, on Flickr

I have just put the car in to the wheel clinic which is a local wheel refurb shop to me and they do an amazing job not cheap mind at 260 for all 4 refurbed but it will be worth it as the wheels are really letting the car down. i decided to stick with the oem colour. just cant wait to get it back now and see the wheels all sparkly and shiny :) after this i will give it a good clean and wax and get some more pictures up.
this will be it for a couple weeks while i put some money aside for the next purchases ;) i shall also be attentding trax in the clio sport stand so i look forward to meeting some of you.
Hope you enjoy the read comments and critisism is welcome.
Thankyou Adam.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
got my car back from the wheel refurb place yesterday and gave it a good clean today. here are a few pictures few very happy with the results just a few more bits to tiday up like the bullets and the stripes need to be redone. not the best camera in the world but i hope you like :)

6038851954_eaa79b2b87_z.jpg

refurb by Adam1182, on Flickr
6038845730_90e94cfd54_z.jpg

clean 4 by Adam1182, on Flickr
6038301645_f4de1deed0_z.jpg

clean 5 by Adam1182, on Flickr

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
cheers for the comments guys :) been thinking about removing all the rear badges and placing the new type rs badge where the clio one is. its been done on here and i absolutly love the idea. dont really want to be a copy cat and all that but my badges are really tatty and they need a good polish in the gaps so :rasp: im doing it anyway.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Nice Cup.
Looks great and very well cared for.

Echo all those comments about RB. ;)

Z4
cheers for the comments guys :) been thinking about removing all the rear badges and placing the new type rs badge where the clio one is. its been done on here and i absolutly love the idea. dont really want to be a copy cat and all that but my badges are really tatty and they need a good polish in the gaps so :rasp: im doing it anyway.

I think there will be 2 holes where the Clio badge is removed mate, you'd either need to fill them or cover with the new
Badge!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
thanks again for the nice comments guys. and yeah il put the new badge over the holes most likely.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
i think i might do eventually not for a while now though as i cant see me getting the rs badge off without destroying it and that means another 35 quid for a new one.
it does seem to be better on the eyes in person as it was looking at that picture when i thought maybe i should have put it the other side lol.

TTRS & V50
Looks good above post #18, not a fan of the badge !

I recognise the first few picture location, is it the back roads from Whilton Locks to Duston ?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good above post #18, not a fan of the badge !

I recognise the first few picture location, is it the back roads from Whilton Locks to Duston ?

certainly is mate. i use that road when i fancy a nice b road run from harpole to wilton locks to weedon along the a5 to heyford to bugbrooke kislingbury etc etc depending how far i want to go lol. :) you local then?

TTRS & V50
certainly is mate. i use that road when i fancy a nice b road run from harpole to wilton locks to weedon along the a5 to heyford to bugbrooke kislingbury etc etc depending how far i want to go lol. :) you local then?
Pretty impressed with myself on that one, lol.Yeah that's a good route. Yeah I'm from Daventry. But currently the other side of the world for (your) summer.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
haha yeah was a good one that you must have been on there a few times. guessing you worked in northampton or something. your very lucky lol i wouldnt come back :)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
been offered a swap with my wheels and some 2118s what do you guys think? not sure if i should do it lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
no, never, only look right on a track slaaag

Yours looks spot on mate :)

G

Gregor11

wheels look good mate, james who works at the wheel clinic and did your wheels, (skinny guy with black hair, bmw cabriolet) lives next door!! he does all mine, next time you need any powder coating let me know and i'll get you a good deal!!
he was telling me about your car funny enough, said it was mint!!!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
ahh sweet wish i had known before i forked out a nice wad of cash haha. think i know the lad your on about mate.. did he it was abit dirty at the time too so nice to hear that :).
on that note i decided to give the alloys a few coats of rim wax and while i was at it i gave the arches a quick clean up so heres a few pics..

before.
6127288867_2784e1a027_z.jpg

DSCF4135 by Adam1182, on Flickr

after.
6127834614_c1715a14a0_z.jpg

DSCF4133 by Adam1182, on Flickr
6127832572_86ff3b0570_z.jpg

DSCF4130 by Adam1182, on Flickr

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
haha i cant go any lower unless i get spacers. getting rid of these coilovers for bilsteins anyway :)