ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adams RB-182

Astra H vxr
Hi people right ive had my RB182 since september after selling my saxo vts :eek: so decided to keep to a french car , dunna why after the amount off money i spent fixing my vts over the 3 years i had it i should off gone the opposite direction from french cars but just fell in love with the rb182 :approve: i originally went to look at the inferno 182 but decided the rb was more me :rasp::rasp: i havent done too much to the car but have slowly added a few things to it to make it look abit better then it was, when i viewed the car it had a few things wrong with it , every wheel was scratched and got a few car park dints here and there as you do being a 8 year old car , but its got a slight dent on the drivers side rear arch but it can easily be sorted , so that aint to bad only thing thats not great is the passenger door its got a scratch about 4inches long but also been told its easily sorted but but i knocked the guy right done on price to get the car as its got full service history and also just had an mot and cambelt done and 4 new tyres and tax , before i get any body work done ive decided to get it looking as good as i can before i pay to get the important bits doing dents n few scratches, heres a few pictures of how the car was when i got it.....not great pictures as done by phone

12333.jpg

backoffcliooo.jpg

clioooo.jpg

clio2.jpg

clio3.jpg

i then got some wheels to go on the car but then decided just to keep the originals as looked better IMO

whitetds1.jpg

then decided to put my private plate on just to make it look a little better surname is SLATER so managed to get a plate to say "S18 TAA" which in a kinda short text reads slater :quiet:

first thing was too lower it on eibachs sportlines must say they was a great comfy ride but wasnt for me as was sitting still to high so i decided to put it on apex for the mean time until i go down the coilover route which will come shortly

also after a bit off decision between the scorpion rs192 and a piper exhaust i went for the piper and must say the sound is perfect for what i want :rasp:

photo-9.jpg

also a skoda splitter was needed :rasp:

photo-12.jpg

photo-11.jpg

i got abit bored of the colour off the dash strips so decided to vinyl wrap them carbon looking which IMO doesnt look too bad

photo-5.jpg

photo-6.jpg

then decided to do the badge to see how that would look and also decided too keep it wrapped :)

photo-4.jpg

it was then time to get the most scratched wheels refurbed so reading a thread about powder coating i decided to get them powder coated in the original colour as was debating between them and black but decided didnt wanna go black

before

photo-38.png

after

photo-30.jpg

then decided to paint calipers as the looked abit tacky rusty looking colour lol :dead:
decided to go blue may change this as still debating wether i like the blue :quiet:

photo-31.jpg

photo-37.png

kinder prefer the 182 wheels without the centre cap but there on the as does look good but look as if im missing something :eek:

gave the car a clean and polish yesterday as the sun was shining so heres a few pictures hope you enjoy :rasp:

future plans.....
-panel filter
-matched inlets
-remap
-coilovers
-bodywork

photo-35.jpg

photo-36.jpg

photo-28.jpg

photo-26.jpg

photo-25.jpg

photo-21.jpg

photo-29.jpg

photo-19.jpg

photo-27.jpg

photo-39.jpg

i have got a 3/4 front plate to put on but not sure wether to put it on as ive got points on license and dont really fancy any more lol

Astra H vxr
Looks decent! When's our photoshoot happening?!
Cheers mate :) yeah have to do a photo shoot soon :p got my car to where il be happy doing a shoot now lol
Gorgeous.

I can't wait to get my RB.
:) cheers mate when you getting your Clio then ?
And go for the 3/4 plate, its so subtle they probs wont even notice tbh!
Yeah il put it on for FCS and then may leave it on, just but worried il get more points for it on and already got six which wasn't Evan my thought :(

Looks wicked Adam. Your gradually getting there, once all the little things get done it will look awesome

Nice to meet you the other day, I've put up the pictures off your wheels in the alloy wheel process thread. Clicky

But if you want PM me your address and I'll send them all across.

Astra H vxr
Graffiti Tunnel sometime next week?

can do mate il be up for that :D never been there before ? but sounds as its in london somewhere lol ?

Looks wicked Adam. Your gradually getting there, once all the little things get done it will look awesome

Nice to meet you the other day, I've put up the pictures off your wheels in the alloy wheel process thread. Clicky

But if you want PM me your address and I'll send them all across.
yeah getting there slowly but surely :p ive got a slight tap noise too my front left side :( but hopefully its not a dear job :( bloody cars lol
sweet seen the pics look wicked mate its wicked how they do the wheels to how nice they get them :D il send over my email addy mate and if you could send some more pics :D cheers mate :)

great pics....good choice in colour :cool:
cheers mate :)

Astra H vxr
right ive seen a few people put the little french flag thing on the grille it looks good in pictures ive seen it on, so i thought id try it and see how it goes , ive left it on for the minute but im not really sure if i like it now its on my car but heres a pic anyway lol :eek:
whats your opinion on it ? think it makes it look a little tatty? :nono:
photo-40.png

LY R27
I was unsure when i did mine a week ago, but i like it now :)

And yeh, easy to reach, straight down the a10 :)

Underneath waterloo station (Leake Street) :)

Astra H vxr
Sweet il leave it on and see if it grows on me :) did you use insulation tape ? Oh right not too far then :) what day next week you fancy going down there mate ?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
nice car but i think let down by the french flag, the carbon wrapped diamond (original looks better on rb) and interior (i would get the interior bits sprayed professionally in rb) all my own opiion and taste of course

197 FF Glacier White
Great looking car, don't like the carbon badge but the rest is all good, love RB without the chav stripes!

Astra H vxr
Few more pics...... :)

At FCS only got one picture and that was taken by some one else lol, didnt evan think to takes pics some reason :(

photo-42.jpg

parked up for a coffee on way to FCS

photo-54.jpg

photo-49.jpg

At the Hotel before FCS

photo-46.jpg

photo-47.jpg

photo-48.jpg

Way back home my mate managed to snap a few photos
photo-43.png

photo-45.png

photo-44.png

my car finally is starting to get how i want it minus the french car flag on the grille its now gone :)
but last week end on my way into town a car coming towards me decides to run over something that happened to flick up and then decide to hit my bonnet :mad: looked like a wheel bolt as saw it fly up but to late to move away :eek: and oviously to dangerous to swerve any how, but knows its left me with a nice chip and dent on my bonnet which is now on my next to do on my list which has p*ssed me off :(

photo-52.jpg

photo-53.jpg

im not too sure on how il go about getting the bonnet sorted as im not to sure if a dent sprayer garage can do anything with it ? or if its done to me having to buy a new bonnet for them to respray , but just worried it wont colour match properly being such a light colour :(

next on my list i wanna get done is....

-matched inlets
-panel filter
-cams preferbly catcams (had catcams fitted on my saxo vts and was very impressed :rasp:)
-and then either a rstuner 98ron map or take it down to ktec for them to do the remap?

soon to be updated :cool:

Clio 182
Looks smart and you have got some good plans :)
have you got any pics comparing the eibachs and the apex springs?
Im debating going down the eibach route but i think im gonna be in the same boat as you. how comfortable are the apex's?

Astra H vxr
Looks smart and you have got some good plans :)
have you got any pics comparing the eibachs and the apex springs?
Im debating going down the eibach route but i think im gonna be in the same boat as you. how comfortable are the apex's?
thanks mate :)

i would love to say i have got pics from which i have but there on my old phone of my eibachs :( and only got pics on new phone of apex :(
personally i cant see anything wrong with the apex i know they got quiete a bad rating by alot of people, i rarely use my car for track days my car maybe on an occasional day once a year type of thing (as apex i cant see being very good on track as what eibachs are as eibach seem to corner better ) , and the ride quality is a little bit crashier then the eibachs but not to the point where its knocking you out of sit position, but they give the perfect drop where as the eibachs lowered only a slight which i wasnt to chuffed about so decided apex was for me, untill i can get more money for some coilovers, but there not that bad imo mate :) look 10x better then what eibachs make your car look like, just a little bit more bumpy

Clio 182
thanks mate :)

i would love to say i have got pics from which i have but there on my old phone of my eibachs :( and only got pics on new phone of apex :(
personally i cant see anything wrong with the apex i know they got quiete a bad rating by alot of people, i rarely use my car for track days my car maybe on an occasional day once a year type of thing (as apex i cant see being very good on track as what eibachs are as eibach seem to corner better ) , and the ride quality is a little bit crashier then the eibachs but not to the point where its knocking you out of sit position, but they give the perfect drop where as the eibachs lowered only a slight which i wasnt to chuffed about so decided apex was for me, untill i can get more money for some coilovers, but there not that bad imo mate :) look 10x better then what eibachs make your car look like, just a little bit more bumpy

Thanks for the info mate. That makes my decision alot harder now as i was set on eibachs.
May have to find some pics of clios on eibachs and try and make a decision.
How much were the apex springs?

Astra H vxr
Thanks for the info mate. That makes my decision alot harder now as i was set on eibachs.
May have to find some pics of clios on eibachs and try and make a decision.
How much were the apex springs?
Oh lol I went for eibachs as they got highly rated on here on which I know why as they handle very well with a nice comfy ride, soo got them an then wasnt happy as it wasn't low enough for me :(where apex was when I saw my mates with them on il upload a pic of mine on Apex side view and u can compare it to the eibach there is a appreciation thread for eibachs I think Mate which has loads of pics with eibachs on, they was £99 delivered :)

Clio 182
From looking at a few pics i can see theres quite a big difference, especially on the front.
thanks mate that would be great.

Astra H vxr
Lovely mate. I was parked right by you at FCS.

Bad scratch down the passenger side though :(
I know it's horrible I've touched it up now and you can't see it that much tbf should of done it before FCS lol but because of that scratch I knocked 1k of asking price so can't complain :p hardly noticeable now of such but I know it's there so need to get it done soon though lol

A45 AMG 406BHP
Looks same driveway as mine haha

mines got oil staines on it though :(

Car looks good! Starting to like standard 182 wheels!

Astra H vxr
I recognise that driveway mate lol
Oh yes James big old drive way that's seen plenty of cars over the last few years lol :p looks lovely and colourful now though lol :p
Looks same driveway as mine haha

mines got oil staines on it though :(

Car looks good! Starting to like standard 182 wheels!
haha yeah no doubt sooner or later with the clios on James drive oil patches will appear lol :p yeah I wasn't too keen on 182 wheels at first but that's proberly because when I got mine every one was in a right state couldn't be more scratched as kurbed if I tried lol but only just got them all re done and powder coated al now Theyve grown back on me :D

Excuse me I did not give you permission to take pics of my car Loling hell !!!!!!!!! (Jeano )
haha yeah I can be your first spot in your new car wooooo lol :p haha where's jeano when ya need him lol

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
This is the main reason I'm selling my clio!! Everyone slated me for getting one now everyone in Harlow has one :(

Last edited:
  Astra H vxr
Its not that every one is copying its just they've come down really cheap in price and is now more affordable Tom we ain't all like you and got lots off ££££ lol ;)
Ive seen 3 rbs in Harlow today :rasp:

Astra H vxr
Not saying everyone is copying. There is 8 RB 182 around Harlow now :(
Maybe a lot but by far yours is one of e nicest and cleanest out them all yours stands out a lot :) but yeah theres loads in Harlow when im out and about I hardly see any rbs about but once you get in Harlow there's loads lol