ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Added mod's to TESCO insurance...

Just added the following mod's to my insurance.

Viper IK
S/S exhaust
Lowered suspension kit (coilovers)

At the start I only mentioned viper and s/s exhaust as im getting the coilovers done 2moro and it was an extra £92 per year. When I told them about the coilovers it shot up to £200 a year.

Comments?

You think I could get it cheap with say Adrian Flux.

Another thing is that I mentioned the exhaust package was de-cat backwards rather than cat-back which threw the sales person off. They went away to check and returned to tell me that if in the event of a crash and you needed to claim, they would give the car to a garage, if it fails on emmissions for MOT then they void the whole insurance.

They try everway to get you!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
well the quotes to cover the Mods seem ok.... Bit high in total but it is a high grp car.

As for the De-cat, yes it is true!!!
If it fails an emission test, you have no MOT, so insurance is invalid.

I would have declared the cat-back exhaust and kept stump about the de-cat. (as long as you know ur taking a risk with it)

I told them i just want cover for the cat-back and I was going to take the de-cat off but not sure if I will.

Anyway... do you think its worth trying other insurers? Adrian Flux perhaps? Greenlight? Ashbourne Insurance? or are they all gonna be the same?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
It maybe worth hunting round for cheaper quotes.

I am with Tesco, and i have a large amount of mods, not a single other company could beat them!

Tesco cover a like for like policy on mods ! unlike many others, and AV cover (non-factory fit)

As for de-cat i dont think u will find any other insurance company to cover it.
(actually CIS do, as long as u pass an emission test)

Most people just run the risk with the de-cat, but there are hefty fines for road-side emission tests.

Cancelled with tesco.

I've named ALL my mod's and with 1 years no claims @ 21 years old i'm paying £957 a year with £350 excess now, courtesy car, audio cover, all the usual stuff, legal protection etc etc.

Well chuffed!

SLK 350
Has, you don't have to provide an emissions test at the roadside, you have (need to check this) 21 days to provide an emissions test (at your own cost) at an MOT certified garage.

Maz

LY 200
ChrisK 172 said:
Cancelled with tesco.

I've named ALL my mod's and with 1 years no claims @ 21 years old i'm paying £957 a year with £350 excess now, courtesy car, audio cover, all the usual stuff, legal protection etc etc.

Well chuffed!

Who with mate ?? , I pay that with Tesco now and I am 26 :S

Maz :D

Clio 172 Ph1
I got a SS custom made Longlife exhaust for my 172, and Tesco said told me there was no extra cost to the insurance whatsoever :D

Ford Mustang 5.0
Anyone having trouble getting thier car insured with mods give me a shout or put a quote on our website www.greenlightinsurance.com (please state cliosport under the club membership question)

I Will try and sort you out a good deal.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
neil@greenlightinsurance said:
Anyone having trouble getting thier car insured with mods give me a shout or put a quote on our website www.greenlightinsurance.com (please state cliosport under the club membership question)

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

Can we reach you direct...like your phone ext no?

cock mobile.
neil@greenlightinsurance said:

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

Unless it's Mondial Blue ay ;)

clio 16v
neil,
can you confirm the position with regards to the de-cat please? i find it hard to believe that this can invalidate your insurance. Whats to stop me putting one on the dy after my MOT, it seems to me that the inurance companys are looking for anyway possible to avoid paying out?? failed emissions, will never be the cause for an accident, so how can they claim that it voids your incurance?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^^ I thijnk its on the grounds that it would invalidate your MOT

Hence having no MOT......
Just as if ur car wud fail if ur seat belt didnt work or so.