ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adobe Acrobat Reader document rights?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Chaps,

I was hoping you could help me out on this one. :)

We have GFI Faxmaker setup at work to receive inbound faxes and distribute them to approximately a dozen sales staff. GFI automatically converts the incoming fax into a pdf document, which all the sales staff can view via Acrobat Reader 9 on their PCs.

As most of these inbound faxes are orders with multiple order lines in them, we were after a quick way of ticking off the lines that had been processed, as the sales person goes through the order. Looking at Acrobat Reader, there is a Highlight Text tool which sounds ideal - but requires doucment rights to be enabled, as seen below....

Acrobattoolbar.jpg

I had a brief look on the internet yesterday as to what/how/where these document rights are - but didn't find a specific answer. I'm not even sure that this is something that can be used within Reader alone. It may need the full Acrobat product?

Any help, suggestions and/or ideas would be superb.

Cheers!

D.

Pretty sure you need the full acrobat to edit documents, unless there is a free alternative. We use GFI faxmaker too, works well :)