ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice - Cams, Decat, Inlets?

Hi,

Would appreciate if someone in the know would be able to help clue me up on how theses mods increase performance? (In laymans terms)

I'm planning on a custom remap at matched inlets at 519 in the near future with and noticed the Option 1 Cam & Matched Inlets package.

I know that that package includes new belts, mine were done around 1.5 years/ 20k miles ago before I bought the car. I take it's unavoidable to have the belts done? I'm not overly fussed about having them redone too soon as I have budgeted for these in the future anyway.

A friend once told me that the the cat is the most restrictive part of the exhaust so would be prepared to decat if this were necessary to make some significant gains. I imagine an improvement in airflow by either CAF/Induction would also help.

I'm not sure if the remap is included in the price of the Cams package?

Any help or if there are any FAQ's I've missed if I could be pointed in the right direction for reading I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

Ben

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
If your going to go for cams I've heard a lot of people stating that 438's are ones to go for. Loads of info on these on the search button. Or give Dan 519 a ring

Get the 438 (inlets etc) package from Dan, I did and is worth the pounds spent. Though my belts were in need of doing at the same time too, maybe include the induction kit as well. I'm looking at this ID kit now to replace the PH1 setup I run at the moment. Apart from the noise and possible gains need to make my bumper quick release for racing as at the moment takes a good 30 mins to get off...got a CAF fixed into the front of the bumper.