ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on AG 200 cup HV09 YDG for sale

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
If its anything like my friends alien green cup press car was like, you would be better off using public transport. He gave it back in the end, owned it 3 month and drove it for 8 days. It spent the rest of its time in the dealership being repaired.

Also avoid HV09 YFW which is currently for sale with Benfield.

GTD, Lupo
Im pretty sure someone on here or 197.net had owned this car previously. Give Renault a call and ask a little about its history, im sure'its been through a gearbox and a shed load of tyres.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
How can someone be a journo and bounce that thing off the limiter for so long when it even has a beep!

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
"Gotta remember that the press cars are heavily looked after. Very regularly serviced etc. Driven by drivers that can drive them fast properly." from the 197.net thread.

This just isn't true. The cars are demonstrated to, and beyond their limit to show the press how they perform. They are driven by people who don't own them, so they get abused. They are only repaired/serviced when they break down.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Motoring journalists aren't always good drivers. The ex motorsport lot generally tend to be, but a lot of them are car abusers.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
"This just isn't true. The cars are demonstrated to, and beyond their limit to show the press how they perform. They are driven by people who don't own them, so they get abused. They are only repaired/serviced when they break down.

spot on

Does it leave the floor in that video at one point? Lol

jump.jpg

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I happened to meet James Dixon at North Weald Aerodrome on Sunday, he was driving a car in the super car driving thing they host, he was saying that the green clio 200 cup they used at Brands, reg clio cup, for Renault track days was worn out, to be polite, suggest contact Jeremy Townsend at Renaultuk for more info, hope this helps.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hahaa, I have this exact car as my desktop background at work.

untitled.JPG

It's also in the 2013 Renaultsport calendar i've been working on.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I happened to meet James Dixon at North Weald Aerodrome on Sunday, he was driving a car in the super car driving thing they host, he was saying that the green clio 200 cup they used at Brands, reg clio cup, for Renault track days was worn out, to be polite, suggest contact Jeremy Townsend at Renaultuk for more info, hope this helps.

lol he's a mate of mine. Top bloke as well.

car
Why is the interior picture off eBay from a black 200?

He didnt want to outside and take a pic as it was dark.

I have seen the car and can verify it has the same interior ;)

Out of interest, so what would you guys out there want to pay for a car like this??

AG 200 cup
Would think the price it's up for is quite fair but offer just under and see he can only say no. I payed £10500 for mine the same spec apart from I've got a gt spoiler last month from a dealer. I would be put off by the fact it has been a press car but if you like it and it drives good go for it.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Dont buy it- the press cars are hammered- they may have a higher frequency of services but what about the non service items- steering rack, track rods, anti roll bar links, etc ect-

so many 200s available- I wouldnt buy it.

S

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
My mate paid £8.5k for his, had it 3 months, drove it for 8 days. Gave it back after half a new engine then master cylinder exploding all over engine bay. Now they have it up at £9.5k lol.