ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on brakes...

ClioSport 172
Need some new brakes, the first lot i've had to buy for the 172... not bothered about anything fancy, just cheap & does the job! But where should I be looking to get them & what type? My mates gonna fit them for me, just it would be easier if I could source them myself! x

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
GSF??

Do OE Parts and Brembo HC and Max Disks if you wanted to Uprate, Selection of Pads aswell.

just get std renault items GSF and there ebay store have good prices, brembo HC discs might be cheaper than std reanult ones?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Brembo Max Disks, I have them and Picked them up from GSF along with some Greenstuff Pads which are not the Best but still Better than Std and at a reasonable price

ClioSport 172
Well my name is Rach... ;) a clue! lol

Not bother? How come? Shall I speak to GSF? Except my nearest one is in brum i think... what kind of thing do I want as an example? Names etc? Cheers! :)

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
The brembo hd's are cheaper than renault ones. Don't get greenstuffs, they're awful! Got em on mine atm and I can't wait to get rid! For some good brake info take a look here:

http://www.readyforthetrack.co.uk

Braided lines and brembo hd's would be a definate for you I'd say, then it's just a case of picking a pad to go with the way you drive the car lol.

PH1 172
I run DS2500, Brembo max discs and goodridge braided lines....they are great for the road and if you ever do then they great for track.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Braided Brake Lines...Improve Pedal feel as less Flex in the Lines, Overkill if you're just doing Sensible Road driving

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
^^ Just to clarify, they're steel brake lines that replace the current ones on the car (which are just rubber IIRC?).

So pointless cause I just drive around town yeah?

yep; they firm the pedal up a little but the main benefit is in consistent performance on track - std rubber hoses will eventually expand with the heat of track use, giving you a softer pedal. you'll never notice on the road; therefore pointless in your case

ClioSport 172
Why not sell the 172 and buy a Citroen C1, Toyoto aygo then?

Just because I dont drive my car on a track means I shouldnt own one?! You saying every 172/182 owner should take theirs on the track otherwise they shouldnt have one?

ClioSport 172
yep; they firm the pedal up a little but the main benefit is in consistent performance on track - std rubber hoses will eventually expand with the heat of track use, giving you a softer pedal. you'll never notice on the road; therefore pointless in your case

Cheers :)

106 GTi
Is there?! Awesome, i'll just go there then!

Whats braided lines?

Tis near the railway station. Got all the Brembo Discs for the GTi from there, stuck them on with some Textar rear pads from there too and DS2500 front pads - well worth the money.