ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on Changing to Valver

Z4 Coupe 3.0 Sport

Im looking to upgrade to a valver, only, need some advice!!

Ive got a 1.4RT Champs Elysees in Naples Red at the moment:

16v interior, Phase 2 valver alloys are the only real mods.

Full electrics; colour coded; bodywork in good condition, full service history; recently had new headgasket/water pump (costing £600) and new cambelt; 82,000 miles; runs extreamly well.

Looking to get a sale in the region of £1.500 (is this about right?).

So, looking for phase 1 valver ideally on about the 80,000 - 90,000 or less. What sort of money am i looking for a good condition valver with few mods to its name?!

Al.

You can buy mine in may

K reg 92/93 t& mot 8 months, *In may just been t&t* Williams blu3

Powerflow 3" stainless steel exhaust £330 life time gurantee

Piperx Filter, 15" prima alloys *Williams replica Silver*

All electrics, new clutch *In today get her back tom Whooho*

78500 clock, new water pump, cambelt @73000. Brakepads changed just to get through mot. Very good well looked after car inside and out. dont want to sell but have too looking for £2400 in MAY

Oh yeah sony head unit and Unity rear parcellshelf speakers, and has been in an accident before as i found out when i took it to the garage for some work *b*****d never told me that when he sold it to me* Very fast, great looking car other bits added cant quite remember everthing as im very hungover. it has service history since i have owned it

Z4 Coupe 3.0 Sport

rich - Got any pictures mate? What damage was done when it was crashed, and how did the garage spot it?

Cheers

Hello mate, i can get some pics up i think if some one tells me how!? Well the car has no damage to the front end as it has been repaired very well!! the garage said they could tell by the creases in the frame under the bonnet and poited at what he was on about. It was folded up about half an inch or so not noticable to a novice like myself. So basically there is no initial damage they said cause i dont know that it has had a new bonnet, all front panel has been repaired and straightened. No majour damage to heater/radiator and fan which was my main concern.

It is a good car very reliable if loooked after and i mean lookafter as it is an old car and needs lovin.

I could email you some pics if ya want

The Jinx

I just bought one mate. A 106,000 miler on an L-plate. Beware when buying the lower mileage ones that you could end up paying for new boxes, clutches and cambelt.

My original aim was to get a 95/96 with less than 90k on but after seeing the one I got at £1400 there seemed no point in paying more for a car that may need more work doing.

Mines had already had a recon head (due to the belt snapping at 70k) a new clutch and a new box.

All Ive spent so far is £350 on getting a new steering column, new clutch cable and new manifold heat shield. The remaining jobs are all little niggly things like bulbs being out and needing new parts for the vents.

The garage that did the column said it was the best example of a 16v theyd ever seen so dont be put off by higher miles.

You should be looking at no more than £2500 for a very well sorted one.

I looked at a couple of Valvers..

Didnt end up with one.. Im a bit picky tho. There are loads about, it depends what ya want I guess.

I went with Mat, so the seller didnt have a chance to start with.. let alone once we saw laquer runs and rust.. :p

Seems to be loads of Phase1s about.. less Phase2s..

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

I paid 1750 for my m reg phase 2 with 104 on the clock. Chipped, pbv, decat + magnex and a K&N. Bodywork werent that good, but i had a little accident at work and theyve paid for about £600s worth of bonnet, wing and door respray!

No history though which i wasnt that bothered about