ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Afternarket Alloys,which ones,size,172 cup

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
My original alloys turinis need a refurb but i went to a body shop today to see about getting them done & they are pretty fooked!.not much kerbing but heavly corroded,paint flake etc.They would need dipping & the whole works.Was told i might aswell just buy a new set of alloys,so been having a think & came up with these alloys!.so either get a new set,2nd hand turinis or get tem powder coated but they could even not be good enough to do that.was thinking of keeping to 16inch.So peoples views would be good,photos of other cups with different wheels would be good.even if other makes of cars wheels if they fit would be good??.will try to upload the pics of the wheels i have found so far.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 72

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Lol, the body shop is talking absolute nonsense. Take them to a reputible wheel place, its circa £200 to have wheels refurb'd these days.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah said its possible will just cost alot more like £70 a wheel & is in my local town,other places like jp etc are not to local & this is my only car so having trouble i taking the rims to them unless i can get a set of alloys to borrow while mine get done.

Get a quote from a proper place who only does wheels.

Scott (Phase1sr) has his with JP at the moment, he'll probably tell you what he's paying per wheel.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah ive had a price from him on the phone £180 but im just gonna have trouble getting my wheels to him or there is a place in wickford that can do them in a day for £200 but i will have to hang about there for 7hrs or so

BG Clio 182 FF
Lol, the body shop is talking absolute nonsense. Take them to a reputible wheel place, its circa £200 to have wheels refurb'd these days.

Agree with this

Yeah said its possible will just cost alot more like £70 a wheel & is in my local town,other places like jp etc are not to local & this is my only car so having trouble i taking the rims to them unless i can get a set of alloys to borrow while mine get done.

I had a quote from Maldon at £45 a wheel - feedback is excellent.

http://ctc-powder-coating.co.uk/contact-us/

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Might be an option to borrow some spare alloys from a local member and then you can leave your alloys/send them off to be done cheaper

A nice set of freshly refurb'd Turinis in the brightest sliver they have will look better then those you've posted up imo

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i wanna keep them & get them done,just pain as all these places are miles away!.but yeah that would be great to borrow a set while mine get done please if ang near me would like to do that

BG Clio 182 FF
Yeah i wanna keep them & get them done,just pain as all these places are miles away!.but yeah that would be great to borrow a set while mine get done please if ang near me would like to do that 

Did you see the link I posted? They are in Essex. Your location under your avi says your in Essex. And they're cheap.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i will have a look once home mate,yeah im in Harlow tho.ive found a place in chelmsford & braintree wheel tech? One in chelmsford is rolling rims.

172 cup, Impreza P1
My original alloys turinis need a refurb but i went to a body shop today to see about getting them done & they are pretty fooked!.not much kerbing but heavly corroded,paint flake etc.They would need dipping & the whole works.Was told i might aswell just buy a new set of alloys,so been having a think & came up with these alloys!.so either get a new set,2nd hand turinis or get tem powder coated but they could even not be good enough to do that.was thinking of keeping to 16inch.So peoples views would be good,photos of other cups with different wheels would be good.even if other makes of cars wheels if they fit would be good??.will try to upload the pics of the wheels i have found so far.

When you get your wheels refurbed they get the whole works anyway. If you fancy new wheel, get new wheels but dont listen to a word this place is telling you.

Refurbs cost between £40 and £60 a wheel depending on the place and the wheel. I would budget £50 a wheel and take it somewhere that knows what they're doing.