ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AHHHHHHH fu*bags EBAY SNIPE gone wrong

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Some days you can just pick the PC up & throw it out of the window-

Had a Carbon Fibre Splitter on watch all poxy week-

It was on £50 with 4 hours to go- I thought It will go for £75-£80- I was happy to pay this-
So I as I was rushing to go out I stuck £81 in on my snipe to win-

Comes home- Splitter went for £80- great I have a new splitter coming- NOPE!!!

Bid to 80- Next increment in that price catagory was £2-

So Snipe failed to bid-

SMALL PRINT FTL- What a plum :(

S

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't see the point in these snipe things. Just put the maximum you want to pay on ebay. If you win you win, if you don't then its obviously more than you wanted to pay.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  330Ci Clubsport
best thing imo about snipes is that you can cancel it if you change your mind. Also you can add a number of snipes and once it wins one it ignores the rest.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I don't see the point in these snipe things. Just put the maximum you want to pay on ebay. If you win you win, if you don't then its obviously more than you wanted to pay.

There was a thread on Snipes- but it doesnt always work like that especially on high value items-

But hey ho I missed it & thats that-

S

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BMW 330ci Clubsport
Your one of those terrible people that put bids in the second they see something they want arn't you? The reason to use them is to beat other bidders and get a lower price. Say the item is at £10, you're willing to spend £30. So you being you put a bid in straight away for £30, then other bidders start bidding to become the winners. So with 3 days left its already at £30, the amount you were willing to pay. Now, if you used the Snipe, you could have set that to bid £30, no other bidders would have rushed to out bit and you would have out bid them in the last second.