ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AlexW's Driveway Antics :)

Oops ma bad! And the only stickers I would lose would be the rear window ones, maybe the wheel whores one but that's covering stuff!

Kicking myself a little. Although it would have been a large investment for me and would have meant I wouldn't get a real sport until it died. So by doing it I'm actually more inclined to buy one now! So there is good to come from all of it!

Just hope it gets looked after! Do miss the ol'girl though!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't even know the story of the black one? Bought to sell? Already got a buyer? Has Mark not got some 25mm spacers laying around? Or did he sell them on already?

If it's not already got a buyer, all stickers off, it ruins it.

Many.
Oops ma bad! And the only stickers I would lose would be the rear window ones, maybe the wheel whores one but that's covering stuff!

Kicking myself a little. Although it would have been a large investment for me and would have meant I wouldn't get a real sport until it died. So by doing it I'm actually more inclined to buy one now! So there is good to come from all of it!

Just hope it gets looked after! Do miss the ol'girl though!

Meh, man up, buy sport. Win.

I don't even know the story of the black one? Bought to sell? Already got a buyer? Has Mark not got some 25mm spacers laying around? Or did he sell them on already?

If it's not already got a buyer, all stickers off, it ruins it.

I bought it from Meekings with a flood damaged engine (one bent conrod etc), bought to sell on once I've had my fun from it. Yeah its going to JackFM's friend Nav. So still sort of in the club.

Mark sold his 25's ages ago.

Needs like 50mm spacers on it really Alex!

30's would probs be ideal, but they never come up second hand, and it won't add the value of the spacers to the car.

Great work bud, flying along in terms of progress!
@Dr Jekyll - He smashed an 'ultimate burger' when he was over here ;)

Lier, it was a steak :p YOU had the ultimate burger lol

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Black one looks good mate. Insanely fast work considering what needed doing.

Have to get a clio hanger at stansted and set up shop soon!

Many.
@Cub. You know the rules..... Pics or it didn't happen :rasp:

Alex, I try at ALL times! Lol

Cub failed to get any pics of me that evening, Probably for the best, my sexiness would have destroyed his camera..... Lol

One day I'll eat something.

Alex the doner kebab is still awaiting your consumption lol

You'll be lucky lol.

Black one looks good mate. Insanely fast work considering what needed doing.

Have to get a clio hanger at stansted and set up shop soon!

I wanted to have it done faster, and would have if the correct parts turned up!

I need to sort myself some sorta workshop, the amount I do on my own makes me need one.

Cut the bump stops on the black one, ride is better now its got some movement, and its slighly lower, it was just sat on the stops. Need to keep an eye out for Koni 1*2 springs ideally, as thats what I run on my DCi and thats epic.

So far clocked up 75miles in it.

Many.
I give it a week before you swap the ecu setup over ;) you like it :p

Nah, more likely for me to hurry up with my pre-map mods and get it remapped.

Its faster than mine, but I reckon mine will be faster when I'm done.

I'd like to get the black one RR'ed before I sell it, just to see.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Is it on a custom map at the moment or slightly tweeked off the shelf one? I'd go to surrey rr if I didn't mind being embarrassed that my girlfriends DCI with the same mods is faster!

ahhhh balls, I forgot to talk to you about parking sensors yesterday

Many.
The latter I believe, not a full custom map.

I do fancy SRR as mine ran there, so I'd have direct comparison. Its finding the time though.

and yes you did, I completely forgot.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
custom map FTW. mikewoodford ran some silly boost on his 65!

mines mapped by myself, altho im off to either thorRacingUK near me or heading over to mikewoodford for a full out map.

still in half minds wether to get a shell and PD 1.9 or build a complete mental forged 1.5 for this one ..... I R confused :(

Mine was just a tweaked off the shelf Jobby done by the derv doctor in Buxton, he had the same map on his kangoo 65 van which he was always making changes too, no idea ok the power out and will be different now Alex has done the decat to it too!

Many.
Its faster than my 76(?) or so HP and 140LBFT. Will try and get it RR'ed before I sell.

I'll be getting woodford to map mine, Just need to sort some bits first.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Mike had his bringing the EML light on for low rail pressure. On a new pump and injectors haha

Chip said it went well!

Mines fun , spins the wheels up piss easy

Many.
Been a bit slack here recently, Haven't been taking pictures, nor had anybody to take pictures for me.

I have a couple of pictures from today...

Had the rear bumper off the Black DCi to fit the missing foam, unacceptable to be missing IMO, plus the bumper didn't sit right.
Photo13-04-2014164909_zps35bdbeb2.jpg

And also, arch liners, previously missing.
Photo13-04-2014171613_zpsb3875b9b.jpg

Mega bloody boring, I'll have some better pics this week I hope.

Also, have an intruder on my drive, in the form of this...
Photo13-04-2014192442_zps159baa54.jpg

As you can tell from the Towbar, non runner, has the usual camchain failure.

More this week I hope.

Monaco
The foam will make a huge difference to the soundtrack of the car! Ha.

I'm looking forward to the updates after next Saturday; a caliber of car not seen in this thread yet.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Good luck setting those b*****ds back up.

Need a special gauge to make sure the piston is mm perfect TDC or it'll through up the performance issue codes,

I learnt my lesson on one last week :(

Where the hell has the grey 182 come from lol

Last edited:
  Many.
Tonight has been very busy...
Dr Jekyll, much appreciated came round to give me a hand with a couple of bits, and keep me sain while messing with many cars. Just before he left, a complaint was made about Serv light and the dash flashing Oil etc... Most of you know where this is going... Not Mark. Once we checked the oil... This is what I found...
78E8A234-05FA-4EA0-9579-0D6E3ED2BC74_zpsvicxvslc.jpg

Mark learned about the dash displaying oil level, and I told him, sturnly to check oil more often! and DON'T ignore the flashing Oil and serv light!

In other news, I replaced all four balljoints on the Black DCi this evening, tightend it up nicely. Forgot to get any pics bar this one.
76798714-D6C9-4BFB-A749-43D92F6600C2_zpshqdhccoa.jpg

Have pretty much completely run out of space :(
05F48FCA-77CE-4D3E-84C0-9D83BEDB55E4_zpsxd2urx7d.jpg

More later in the week.

Many.
Good luck setting those b*****ds back up.

Need a special gauge to make sure the piston is mm perfect TDC or it'll through up the performance issue codes,

I learnt my lesson on one last week :(

Luckily, I hope that won't be my job!

We have the correct locking tools for all of it, so hopefully that'll solve half of the issue. My mate has a dial gauge anyway.

Not even got it stripped yet, I hate working on stuff for the first time.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Pritty easy to work on. Front bumper off. And lift the rad out. Leave aircon rad in but swing the pump off the engine.
Peace of piss to disassemble.

Many.
Pritty easy to work on. Front bumper off. And lift the rad out. Leave aircon rad in but swing the pump off the engine.
Peace of piss to disassemble.

No need to do any of that, this is a TSFI DSG. Have got most of it off, just need to get engine mount off, cambelt off and turbo off before head comes out. Its had one of the cam pulleys (chain end) fall apart.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Ah , the one we had In was 6sp manwell box

Might be less hassle then lol. Ours was a head rebuild and one piston after the bloke egnored the oil light, and the engine spat its dummy out.

Tonight has been very busy...
@Dr Jekyll, much appreciated came round to give me a hand with a couple of bits, and keep me sain while messing with many cars. Just before he left, a complaint was made about Serv light and the dash flashing Oil etc... Most of you know where this is going... Not Mark. Once we checked the oil... This is what I found...
78E8A234-05FA-4EA0-9579-0D6E3ED2BC74_zpsvicxvslc.jpg

Mark learned about the dash displaying oil level, and I told him, sturnly to check oil more often! and DON'T ignore the flashing Oil and serv light!

F**k a duck!!! Mark!!!! You need a high five!!!...............................................to the face:rasp: oil level that low..tut tut :nono:

Many.
Few little bits to update here.

Came home yesterday to find my drivers wing mirror hanging off, Had parked the car on the road as my driveway was full of Clios etc.
Photo18-04-2014120334_zpsbdbadfdd.jpg

Luckily, quick call to dmallett had me sorted, even inc bacon! Good as new.
Photo18-04-2014120450_zps8b465fd6.jpg

Much lols were had.
Photo18-04-2014122354_zpsfcc8d5fc.jpg

Photo18-04-2014122357_zpse15e56e6.jpg

On the way home, Car clicked over 172,000 miles too.
64307A90-D629-49A6-B159-27674A2C8A25_zpstm9w2gjr.jpg

I feel like I should wash it, but just CBA.
Photo18-04-2014135724_zps4e1d4745.jpg

Photo18-04-2014135734_zps69f19233.jpg

More soon, maybe.