ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AlexW's Driveway Antics :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I might actually check my ball joints this weekend as I still have an annoying knock on my car. Jumps abit when I corner at low speed lol

Many.
Great skills :)

Good work, some important jobs done.

Cracking work mate. :)

Cheers guys :)

Looks as though he uses the correct tools and correct process for that

Good work I say...

Of course :) Cheers bud.

He's a great guy and does a good job:D

:D Glad you think so.

I might actually check my ball joints this weekend as I still have an annoying knock on my car. Jumps abit when I corner at low speed lol

Deffo worth checking. Mine was a ruined hub, unsure how, guess its devloped from a slight movement, to a massive movement, as I've had this issue for about 4 months, basically since I changed the subframe.

Still haven't resolved the issue yet, or been able to drive the car.

Massive thanks to @dmallett I do now have a replacment hub, I just need to run it down my mates garage in the morning and get him to remove the driveshaft from it, Hopefully be back in action tomorrow evening.

Edit: I should add, it was pretty damn funny, Dan said the driveshaft was near impossible to remove, but I just disbelieved him, and had a go at it myself. Cue one broken breaker bar and one broken screwdriver. Its extreamly f**king tight.

Last edited:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Proper looking forward to us doing mine.

Do you drink tea or coffee, do you like bacon in nice fresh crusty rolls? :D

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Good luck Scott! I've offered him bacon and egg sarnies, crisps and chocolate, hot and cold drinks and even invited him for dinner and I've only ever know him to take about 8 haribo sweets! I'll keep trying though ;)

Many.
Good luck Scott! I've offered him bacon and egg sarnies, crisps and chocolate, hot and cold drinks and even invited him for dinner and I've only ever know him to take about 8 haribo sweets! I'll keep trying though ;)

:D lol.

I'm actually going without food tongiht to, cars broke and I'm lazy lol.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Better bloody not be my hub damaged!
I did fit pmsl solid top mounts which stopped the knock for a week, then had a open track day.... Knocking again now FML.

If it's the hub, think I might just get my mate to do an insert and weld it for the ball joint to fit snug!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Ill try. :)

I told you it was tight, you have no belief in me! Don't break that shaft, it's my last living spare lol.

Im like you Alex, once I start working I lose all sense of needs ie; eating & drinking ha

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Let me guess Alex does stupidly long hours like I do ?
Started at 7am this morning, had lunch at one and I'm still at the garage doing prep on a few parts to paint tomorrow ( or tonight )
food or sleep no object to me lol

Many.
I told you it was tight, you have no belief in me! Don't break that shaft, it's my last living spare lol.

Im like you Alex, once I start working I lose all sense of needs ie; eating & drinking ha

I'll try not to lol.

I was hungry before you turned up, but just planned to get the car done and then go buy food. I cba taking the van.

Let me guess Alex does stupidly long hours like I do ?
Started at 7am this morning, had lunch at one and I'm still at the garage doing prep on a few parts to paint tomorrow ( or tonight )
food or sleep no object to me lol

I don't actually, I've had phases of working mental, but I've calmed down.

Today I had finished normal work by 4ish and spent a couple of hours on the Clio before Dan turned up and then spent too long on it.

Many.
I'm passed not looking after myself due to work, I need to sleep now I'm getting old.

Seriously off topic.

Alex you need a car port or some form of shelter!

Hmmm, I need beauty sleep, I'm an ugly fucker.

I need a workshop, don't have time to look or spend any time into that anymore.

Many.
I'm a fan of neither lol

While I couldn't drive my car I did a few jobs that I'd been meaning to do. Refitted front gearbox mount, refitted undertray and a couple of other small bits, including changing the piss poorly painted fog light surrounds for un-painted items.

5A88957B-D9FE-4779-9896-E998DFD19549_zpscwmamwrv.jpg

My car is now all back together, knock noise etc has gone, again huge thanks to Dan Mallett :D. Its lovely to drive again.

In other news, have most of the bits for the black one now, just waiting for my new conrod.

Got a brand new Genuine clutch kit...
59B48D86-DCEE-45B5-A75D-611F58848F3F_zpsq34grln4.jpg

Few bits ready for it :D
E8485815-5167-4883-8920-045710876090_zpsd2uyhqqe.jpg

Hopefully get the engine rebuilt within the next week.

182 Cup, DC2, E500
Interesting you go for the Gates Powergrip kit and not the genuine, I have debated the same!

Gates belts are amazing and I wouldn't be surprised if Renault use the same belt from Gates in their kit!

I had heard from Engine Dynamics that the Gates kit now superceed's the OEM Renault one since they use metal bearings for the idler bearings? Tempted to get a Gates kit, but with Adam knocking out genuine kits so cheap it becomes worthwhile sticking with genuine.

I love all these new parts boxes lol, can't beat getting an old car and amassing loads of shiny new boxed items (its my fetish, you should see my car audio stash lol).

Looking forward to the rest of your thread Alex...

P.s - I'm half tempted to sling up a picture of my last Turkish restaurant take out (maybe it will drive the appetite in you lol)

Many.
Interesting you go for the Gates Powergrip kit and not the genuine, I have debated the same!

Gates belts are amazing and I wouldn't be surprised if Renault use the same belt from Gates in their kit!

I had heard from Engine Dynamics that the Gates kit now superceed's the OEM Renault one since they use metal bearings for the idler bearings? Tempted to get a Gates kit, but with Adam knocking out genuine kits so cheap it becomes worthwhile sticking with genuine.

I love all these new parts boxes lol, can't beat getting an old car and amassing loads of shiny new boxed items (its my fetish, you should see my car audio stash lol).

Looking forward to the rest of your thread Alex...

P.s - I'm half tempted to sling up a picture of my last Turkish restaurant take out (maybe it will drive the appetite in you lol)

On sports I normally go for genuine due to price (and the fact everybody loves genuine!!), but on this DCi, the genuine kit was a lot more than I could get a Gates kit for, Plus it includes a water pump (good quality too!). I still got lots of other bits from Adam at Wolvo though.

Gates make the Genuine Renault kits, I believe even the genuine kits now have mostly metal inners (can clearly see this on the lower idler), Both the gen kit from adam incs the end caps, and the gates kits do too, so its very tit for tat.

I do too love all these parts boxes, always happens when I purchase another car!

I can certainly say it won't, I'm very fussy with food, not that its a good thing!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Instructions on the gates kits are good, autodata.

How many coats of hammerite am I looking at on this subframe? Hammerite takes ages to dry!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I would paint the subframe with halfords truck bed spray! Looks like black crackle paint. Takes a hammering and piss easy to clean.
Actaully going to do my sills and wheel arches with it before I put everything back on.

Many.
Big update, that all of the SE lot already know about lol

Firstly, Made a decat for the Black DCi, cut open, smashed out, welded back up. I fixed the little pinprick holes in this picture of course. Painted in BBQ paint after photo.
551E0D30-379E-42DD-ACC6-31D7AD8211D1_zps5eflizcm.jpg

Got the new clutch fitted
56F72D95-5CD2-4BB0-BBB1-A7C7A96A1802_zpsbtevbqhs.jpg

Then something I didn't really get any pics of, but It had a new conrod, new rings, (Bores honed and measured), new big end bearings, new sump gasket, then head gasket (after cleaning the block and head throughly), New Gates cambelt kit, new water pump, genuine filter, New aux belt kit, probably lots of other stuff. Bolted it all up and got this...
1308E736-E8E8-4349-B08F-E51ECFFBB730_zpsacbbp0ea.jpg

Inc decat (new nuts used)
2D8FE7AA-732F-4004-9A2F-A04C22EE106A_zpspauzay0g.jpg

Then this morning started off with a bay like this...
94EB245F-1B4E-49B0-A38F-7A50B517A97D_zps6ouxvkql.jpg

Borrowed my mates engine hoist again
EB938F2C-DE93-453C-9FE6-60BC0F5AAB81_zpsroejzlnu.jpg

and in
6008A6C5-8013-4BDA-AB65-1BB750F76E1D_zpssrlaignt.jpg

Few more bits on, getting there.
04614191-7568-4BEB-9001-A680E107F289_zpszyc7ipia.jpg

New genuine filters
F7978041-EEE9-47E3-98DB-05BE75BEE5C5_zps8urlpoxj.jpg

ED7C0F49-90A7-45C5-9B57-28012AB931D2_zpskigzp7hu.jpg

Mostly there now
59BAA2DB-2830-4CCB-A8B1-C4DAAB2C87E5_zpslbmmpwcc.jpg

8E592AFF-8CF9-4F6F-8702-023DDDD2D384_zpsutxdc3q1.jpg

Then, span it over to build oil pressure (important for a fresh build), before putting the glow plugs back in, connecting up the injectors and firing it up.
I'll admit it didn't fire up straight away, took some easystart to get it fired up the first time, but after the first time, it fired up perfectly after that, ran like a bag of s**t for a couple of mins but cleared and now runs 100% spot on.

So got some pictures of my Two Clio DCi Sport reps :p
7EEC9686-BDCC-48F3-BABC-36A8827C9828_zpsky8y7qeu.jpg

9D782162-99FD-4F16-80B1-F3D413973346_zpsapboikrb.jpg

AE38E600-5665-4215-9D51-DAA91AF9805C_zps9vyrug1q.jpg

Got myself some new 2 stroke oil too, should last me a little while.
1A988A04-74F4-4A36-BE7E-8BED3840304B_zps9wmm2u9n.jpg

Plan for tomorrow is to get the black one cleaned, few final touches, get a few more miles on it to run it in.

It is quicker than mine, but it is remapped whereas mine isn't. Does smoke like a goodun though.

Thats all for tonight.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Bloody hell you dont hang about matey.

Nice clear drive way. :approve:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
run some diesel cleaner and twostroke through the black one alex.

ment to run cleaner through after touching the injection system.

P.s nice to see a dci with an airbox inlet hose intact :p

Many.
Bloody hell you dont hang about matey.

Nice clear drive way. :approve:

Yeah wanted to get it done this weekend as I'm severly lacking time. Plus the longer it sits around the more I'll find to do.

Its one of the first times every Clio on my drive works and can be driven I think.

run some diesel cleaner and twostroke through the black one alex.

ment to run cleaner through after touching the injection system.

P.s nice to see a dci with an airbox inlet hose intact :p

I may run some cleaner through it, I haven't stuck any two stroke in it yet either, will do that when I fill it up, stuck some in mine tonight.

Need to get it run in first.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Fcuk me Alex has hair, always seen him with a hat on, although last time it was pissing down and bloody cold.

Fingers crossed he will be eating bacon rolls on Saturday. :D

Many.
Have been driving the Black one, got the wrong key out twice, and was confused when I saw a Black clio rather than a red one where I parked my car.

Pics later, going to clean it now.

Many.
Yes it does look better clean :mad:
Looks redicilous without the spacers!

Looked good dirty too. That has 16mm front spacers (not the ones you had on the back, they were cracked as you hadn't removed the hub nut cover), none on the rear. Keeping an eye out for 25mm fronts, but its not a huge requirement considering I'm selling.

Spacers necessary, but that looks really wonderful.

I can hardly take any credit for it, I'm just improving the running and sorting a few little issues.

Many.
Why no spacers? Is this why you asked if I had any for sale?

Loose some of stickers as it would look better!

Joe I bet your kicking yourself for not fixing it ;)

See above about spacers, I sold the 20s as they didn't fill the arches anyway.

Would look better without all the stickers I agree, I'll leave it up to the new owner however.

He'll be kicking himself even more when I take him out in it soon.