ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aligning a performance exhaust...

black gold 182
hi everyone - ive just fitted a KTR ehaust to my 182, and its not quite lined up right yet. one pipe sits perfectly in its gap but the other side doesnt - anyone got any tips for getting these right???

also the join between the cat and the centre section is quite bad and when i put my hand on it i can feel a leak of gas which i think i can hear under acceleration, it sound less 'throaty' and more hissy! (thats technical speak), anyone know a way of getting a better seal? im using the standard bracket that held it to the original system.

cheers, dave.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Mine is the same :mad: (Magnex though)

Apparently it is kinda normal :S Does your exhaust fit straight onto the Cat or is there a connector piece? Mine has about 2"-3"s of a connection between Decat and Cat-Back System and it blows a little from there, Hopefully getting it welded next week :approve:

black gold 182
yeah mine is also the magnex one - sold through ktec tho i believe. oh dear sounds like its a normal thing then! its not too bad but its not perfection, so wont be able to take my eyes off lol.

mine also has short section between it and the cat but its a good seal, mine leaks where the that short piece joins the actual cat. anyone solved this issue before???