ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy wheel refurb - powder coated & powder lacquer

I have my wheels booked in next week to be powder coated. I have just requested an anthracite paint code 226.618 ppg, to be told they cannot provide that exact colour as they use a powder lacquer which will darken the shade slightly. It is also not quite as shiny as regular lacquer.

I think they can paint that colour but can't guarentee the shade.

Does anyone have any experience of such a process?

They can offer 'graphite grey' but I'm not sure what this looks like just yet. I don't want my turini's to come out looking more gash than they are now! (previous owner badly done DIY red jobby)

Thanks,

Ben

cordoba,panda 100 hp
sadly you cant shade powder but can if you hand paint/spray. if they offer a spray service then use that if your wanting an exact colour, as for what there powder looks like, if there any good they should have samples, place we use has samples of every powder they use. as for how shiny it is, well thats down to how good/bothered they are about there job. powder looks duller and less shiny then they cold coat the wheels, loads of places do this and it does work but to get a good gloss that lasts in powder they need to be powdered warm. basicly places dont do warm coating as it means they have to use there oven twice (twice as much gas and cost and work). so they simply save and just cold coat and bake once. we use a place in castleford called LSN coatings and paul always warm coats, never had a bad job and always recomend him and never heard a bad word. if all else fails try and find good bodyshop and get them to paint them, we dont like doing them but we do offer the service and to be fair we get a much better finish than powder although the cost is higher than powdering due to labour time being more, hope this has helped

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
im gonna get my turinis done in graphite grey. anthracites a bit common and too dark. pics would be good tho.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
anyone know if there's a powder coat match for the ixell paint code?