ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine - Renault stalk adaptor grief

Listerine & Poledo
Hi, thanks for tuning in.

I'm looking for some help with the control stalk on my 172.

I had the head unit changed for an Alpine unit and at the same time installed a lead that would keep the dash-top display working, along with the control paddle on the steering wheel.

Now, here's the pinch:-

The display always works, sure it could be better executed, but it serves the purpose of not leaving a dead display pod, so that's alright.

But, and here's the real annoyance, the stalk controls only work when they feel like it. There doesn't appear to be any reason or logic behind when they work. Seriously, one mile they'll be flicking through playlists and adjusting volume, the next, nothing.

I've tried to isolate issues and have found that the following make no difference:-

Temperature
Battery strength
Bumps in the road (as the controls will go on strike when sat stationary, or on a near-as-damnit smooth piece of motorway)
Whacking the steering wheel on the edge and swearing.

Anyone got one of these cables, or had a similar problem, the cable is the genuine Alpine device and was fitted by Cambs Car Audio (after a failed attempt by Renault dealer).

Thanks in advance

'02 Clio Sport 172
Sounds like a bad connection or earth, I have non genuine loom & its faultless but fitted myself, literally a 5 minute job with the dash out.

I'd take it back to who fitted it & get them to check, or pop the dash top off & trace the loom checking each connection, either that or the stalk is faulty, but first guess is a connection!

Listerine & Poledo
thanks gents, i'll get it checked again but it was definately fitted correctly....well, so they say anyway!

:)